2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Part 2 - The Draft Begins!

y2lamanaki

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I really don’t get this thought process of converting Hurd to TE. He looks like a WR to me.

He's not getting converted to TE. Shanny himself said so. He will be used in a variety of ways, with some H-Back sprinkled in there somewhere...

4 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I really don’t get this thought process of converting Hurd to TE. He looks like a WR to me.

Basically, the team thinks he will get bigger. If that is the case, it becomes somewhat viable down the road, but it's a down the road thought. Probably needs to get to 245 (20 pounds). Evan engram is 6'3, 235. He's built like a wide out too. Really, it's just about creating mismatches

But he did played at 240 lbs when he was a RB so I think that's where the thinking was that he could convert to H-Back/TE. But Shanny has said they want him at his natural weight....whatever that is and they'll go from there, which i think is smart. But he is starting out at WR, which what I was hoping for when he was the pick.

8 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Anyone starting a UDFA thread? I’m not a thread starting dude but I saw we just signed Speight to be a camp arm. 

Yeah, our UDFAs this year are pretty underwhelming. We may be pretty close to the 90 man max though, I'm not sure.