Draft Lead-up Question 7 - Trade Down? Trade Up?

The Gnat

How Far Down?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the furthest you'd want to see the Vikings trade back in round one (assuming draft goes somewhat as expected)?

• Don't
    • 1-2 PIcks
    • 3-5 Picks
    • 6-14 Picks (should be end of round one there)
    • 2nd Round and Future Picks?
  2. 2. Flip side, how far up would you be willing to move (assuming draft goes somewhat as expected)?

• Don't
    • 1-2 Picks
    • 3-5 Picks
    • 6-10 Picks
    • Giving Up 2020 1st Round to go Really High

Final draft question, just came to me, but I'm sure it's going to be discussed and in our heads when it comes to the Vikings pick on Thursday night, will Spielman trade down?

Or would you ever consider going the other direction, if so for whom?

I'm in the mindset of doing whatever it takes to get the best player for this team....

.....as long as it doesn't involve a 2020 1st. 

We have a two year window with Kirk, Spielman, and Zimmer. If they find a player they really like and need to move up to get him, I'm for it. I'll give up a couple 2019 picks to get that player but I'm not in favor of giving up our entire draft to get that player.

I wouldn't mind seeing us trade down as far as the bottom of the first round.  There should still be a good offensive line player available in that range. 

Considering this year's draft board and our current roster, I wouldn't want to move up too far.  Maybe 3-5 picks if there is a prospect who would be a great value and a perfect fit for us, but no more than that.

55 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We said that last year. 

Didn't the run on O-line take place in the early 2nd round last year?  My thinking for the trade down scenario is that there could very well be not just one but two very good offensive linemen available late in the first.  If we trade down from 18, we could take one with the first round pick we get in return, and possibly also be in a position to trade back up to get another one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Didn't the run on O-line take place in the early 2nd round last year?  My thinking for the trade down scenario is that there could very well be not just one but two very good offensive linemen available late in the first.  If we trade down from 18, we could take one with the first round pick we get in return, and possibly also be in a position to trade back up to get another one. 

Mid to late first if I remember. Ragnow, Price, and the guy who went to patriots.  Plus Daniels early second(?)

Much deeper OL this year and 18 vs 30. 

we're not desperate for a tackle specifically otherwise i'd trade up a bit to secure jonah williams or andre dillard, but since we have flexibility then i'd just sit tight and if the top tackles are gone just draft the best interior guy (garrett bradbury imo).

maybe if someone like ed oliver falls to 15 or so i'd be down to trade up a few picks and grab him. 

for reference, if we packaged our 1st and 3rd round picks we'd only be able to move up to 13, possibly 12. our 1st and 2nd rounders gets us to about the 10th pick.