Draft Room - Day 2

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Dude would be blown up in the slot so fast. Do you want him to have a short career?

Read somewhere that DeSean did a lot of his damage out of the slot with the Buccos. Since Hollywood is a similar player I feel like he could be utilized well there (as long as he has good release moves)

But in the end Ninjas prob right, the Birds should utilize the TE’s together more. I personally want a lineman in the first but I’m seeing a lot of rumors saying that the Eagles love Brown. Hopefully that’s Howie blowing mad smoke 

Is there anything in this year’s draft as dumb as a 25-year-old tight end going in the first round? 

There’s nothing quite that dumb, but there are three likely first-round picks who will turn 24 before the end of their rookie season — Christian Wilkins, Andre Dillard and Garrett Bradbury. I would let someone else take each of those players.

I know those 3 seem to be favorites in this draft room.....losing 3-4 years of their prime isn't ideal.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I know those 3 seem to be favorites in this draft room.....losing 3-4 years of their prime isn't ideal.

I'd stay away from Bradbury, another overrated prospects - however, I think both Wilkins and Dillard can contribute immediately so the age thing really doesn't scare me off all that much. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'd stay away from Bradbury, another overrated prospects - however, I think both Wilkins and Dillard can contribute immediately so the age thing really doesn't scare me off all that much. 

I think there's a range of opinions of overrated and underrated on Bradburry. If we trade down to 30-35 I wouldn't hate it.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think there's a range of opinions of overrated and underrated on Bradburry. If we trade down to 30-35 I wouldn't hate it.

With his current top 20 projection he's very overrated. Towards the middle-end of the second round that would be fine. If I'm taking a Center (which is a waste) in the first round it's going to be Erik McCoy. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

With his current top 20 projection he's very overrated. Towards the middle-end of the second round that would be fine. If I'm taking a Center (which is a waste) in the first round it's going to be Erik McCoy. 

The earliest I've seen him projected is early 20s, even as late as the late 30s.

Heard some Jeff McLane stuff earlier. Keep an eye on #13. If Wilkins gets to the Dolphins pick, we may be trading up. 

Every year we hear just how many “1st round talent prospects” are in the 1st round, according to Howie. Gotta think how deep the DL class is, he’s got a couple guys pegged to move up for if they slide. 

Edited by Jroc04