Jump to content
Kiltman

Draft Room - Day 2

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Dude would be blown up in the slot so fast. Do you want him to have a short career?

Read somewhere that DeSean did a lot of his damage out of the slot with the Buccos. Since Hollywood is a similar player I feel like he could be utilized well there (as long as he has good release moves)

But in the end Ninjas prob right, the Birds should utilize the TE’s together more. I personally want a lineman in the first but I’m seeing a lot of rumors saying that the Eagles love Brown. Hopefully that’s Howie blowing mad smoke 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

yep - seems like everyone is projecting him to Philly

Our only hope is if the Ravens take him at 23 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Our only hope is if the Ravens take him at 23 

or maybe Tennessee, seems like those are the only two options ahead of us rn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Is there anything in this year’s draft as dumb as a 25-year-old tight end going in the first round? 

There’s nothing quite that dumb, but there are three likely first-round picks who will turn 24 before the end of their rookie season — Christian Wilkins, Andre Dillard and Garrett Bradbury. I would let someone else take each of those players.

 

I know those 3 seem to be favorites in this draft room.....losing 3-4 years of their prime isn't ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I know those 3 seem to be favorites in this draft room.....losing 3-4 years of their prime isn't ideal.

I'd stay away from Bradbury, another overrated prospects - however, I think both Wilkins and Dillard can contribute immediately so the age thing really doesn't scare me off all that much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'd stay away from Bradbury, another overrated prospects - however, I think both Wilkins and Dillard can contribute immediately so the age thing really doesn't scare me off all that much. 

I think there's a range of opinions of overrated and underrated on Bradburry. If we trade down to 30-35 I wouldn't hate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think there's a range of opinions of overrated and underrated on Bradburry. If we trade down to 30-35 I wouldn't hate it.

With his current top 20 projection he's very overrated. Towards the middle-end of the second round that would be fine. If I'm taking a Center (which is a waste) in the first round it's going to be Erik McCoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scalamania said:

With his current top 20 projection he's very overrated. Towards the middle-end of the second round that would be fine. If I'm taking a Center (which is a waste) in the first round it's going to be Erik McCoy. 

The earliest I've seen him projected is early 20s, even as late as the late 30s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Danger said:

The earliest I've seen him projected is early 20s, even as late as the late 30s.

I just don't see him as a first round talent - I don't think he's a target of ours, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This draft is going to say a lot about what they think of Jordan Maliata, Issac Seumalo and Josh Sweat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This draft is going to say a lot about what they think of Jordan Maliata, Issac Seumalo and Josh Sweat

To a lesser extent Matt Pryor, too. Everything I've read is that the staff is really high on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Ok take the DTs off the board....Timmy J is back

I would agree accept for Jeffrey Simmons. It increases the chances of the Eagles taking him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I would agree accept for Jeffrey Simmons. It increases the chances of the Eagles taking him

The fact that we haven't met with him makes me think he's not even an option for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Heard some Jeff McLane stuff earlier. Keep an eye on #13. If Wilkins gets to the Dolphins pick, we may be trading up. 

Every year we hear just how many “1st round talent prospects” are in the 1st round, according to Howie. Gotta think how deep the DL class is, he’s got a couple guys pegged to move up for if they slide. 

Edited by Jroc04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×