Jump to content
Kiltman

Draft Room - Day 2

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It's tough to find some of those advanced stats, especially because he's not even on certain things, most of those were lower end fan scouting things.

This paints a picture of the class pretty well

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4/22/18410620/nfl-draft-wide-receiver-stats-2019-projections-dk-metcalf-aj-brown-sleeper

 

If the goal was a player who had the speed to get some separation and frame/body control to play outside or in for 3rd downs and redzone...JJ stands out.

Hakeem Butler and him were comparable, JJ's strengths over him was a little bit more speed. Which maybe is what helped him get further downfield in critical down situations than Butler.

 

Was pretty upset the Titans grabbed AJ Brown a few picks before us. Should've taken him at 53 and Sanders/Henderson at 57, but hindsight is 20/20

Memory is failing me. Brown was at 51, not 55

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Was pretty upset the Titans grabbed AJ Brown a few picks before us. Should've taken him at 53 and Sanders/Henderson at 57, but hindsight is 20/20

Memory is failing me. Brown was at 51, not 55

Yeah I wanted AJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted DK. He gets crapped on for his agility, but I've seen him get easy separation on crossing routes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Jeezla said:

I wanted DK. He gets crapped on for his agility, but I've seen him get easy separation on crossing routes.

I also wanted DK, but Brown had a higher floor as well as was probably a better fit for us specifically because of his ability to play the slot given that we seem to be at a real crossroads on Nelson. 

DK literally got crapped on because of the collective hipster hive mind that arose because of busts in recent years paired with his poor 3 cone and shuttle drills. On the field he's good at separating and running routes.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danger said:

I also wanted DK, but Brown had a higher floor as well as was probably a better fit for us specifically because of his ability to play the slot given that we seem to be at a real crossroads on Nelson. 

I would have been cool with AJ too. AJ can do everything, which is why I also wanted Terry McLaurin. Give me the WR who doesn't have to be inside or outside, but is good everywhere! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×