Draft Room - Day 2

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It's tough to find some of those advanced stats, especially because he's not even on certain things, most of those were lower end fan scouting things.

This paints a picture of the class pretty well

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4/22/18410620/nfl-draft-wide-receiver-stats-2019-projections-dk-metcalf-aj-brown-sleeper

If the goal was a player who had the speed to get some separation and frame/body control to play outside or in for 3rd downs and redzone...JJ stands out.

Hakeem Butler and him were comparable, JJ's strengths over him was a little bit more speed. Which maybe is what helped him get further downfield in critical down situations than Butler.

Was pretty upset the Titans grabbed AJ Brown a few picks before us. Should've taken him at 53 and Sanders/Henderson at 57, but hindsight is 20/20

Memory is failing me. Brown was at 51, not 55

Edited by Danger

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Was pretty upset the Titans grabbed AJ Brown a few picks before us. Should've taken him at 53 and Sanders/Henderson at 57, but hindsight is 20/20

Memory is failing me. Brown was at 51, not 55

Yeah I wanted AJ

Just now, Jeezla said:

I wanted DK. He gets crapped on for his agility, but I've seen him get easy separation on crossing routes.

I also wanted DK, but Brown had a higher floor as well as was probably a better fit for us specifically because of his ability to play the slot given that we seem to be at a real crossroads on Nelson. 

DK literally got crapped on because of the collective hipster hive mind that arose because of busts in recent years paired with his poor 3 cone and shuttle drills. On the field he's good at separating and running routes.

Edited by Danger

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I also wanted DK, but Brown had a higher floor as well as was probably a better fit for us specifically because of his ability to play the slot given that we seem to be at a real crossroads on Nelson. 

I would have been cool with AJ too. AJ can do everything, which is why I also wanted Terry McLaurin. Give me the WR who doesn't have to be inside or outside, but is good everywhere! 

• 2 weeks later...