#2 Toronto Raptors vs. #3 Philadelphia 76ers | 2019 East Semifinals

11sanchez11

Just now, showtime said:

Because he just quit on the play.  First you said that Simmons quit chasing Leonard because he didn't want him to kick it to someone for an open shot.  Now that you've realized that Simmons literally stood there, you're now saying it wouldn't make a difference. 

He quit on the play.  Period.  You can say whatever you want, but the video tells everything.  You think Giannis would have just quit running right there and watch the play?  Highly doubt it.

I'm still saying that. Read my post again.

Seriously amazing the Raptors pulled that game with how scared some of those dudes were. Like Siakam was ALL TIME scared. This dude wouldn't even look at the rim on open looks and tried to get rid of the ball ASAP lol. 

Despite all that, Kawhi overcame it all to get it done. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seriously amazing the Raptors pulled that game with how scared some of those dudes were. Like Siakam was ALL TIME scared. This dude wouldn't even look at the rim on open looks and tried to get rid of the ball ASAP lol. 

Pascal has been pretty good in 10/12 playoff games this year I’m not worried about him moving forward. It’s the other guys sort of a mixed bag I need more consistency from them especially the bench although Serge turned it up free a horrible first few games this series were he looked absolutely unplayable. I wonder if OG will return this series if not. He’d be huge can’t really trust Norm. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Bro, he handed him off to Embiid who had great defense. He didn't want to chase Kawhi and let him kick it back to another player for an open shot.

He basically had to stop himself from tripping into Embiid 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

54 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Pascal has been pretty good in 10/12 playoff games this year I’m not worried about him moving forward. It’s the other guys sort of a mixed bag I need more consistency from them especially the bench although Serge turned it up free a horrible first few games this series were he looked absolutely unplayable. I wonder if OG will return this series if not. He’d be huge can’t really trust Norm. 

Siakam also isn't even close to 100 percent, he's playing on 1 wheel.    Maybe he still shies away from the limelight if he's ok, but you gotta factor that in.

Going to be a great Easter Conference Finals - the best player on the planet right now vs. the most clutch player on the planet right now.    Raptors won't win unless the supporting cast (especially the bench) doesn't help Kahwi out, though - but there's a path to get to the Finals, their D and other matchups besides Giannis make this a much tougher test than DET/BOS gave the Bucks. 

The NBA has gotten interesting again, with KD on the mend.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Because he just quit on the play.  First you said that Simmons quit chasing Leonard because he didn't want him to kick it to someone for an open shot.  Now that you've realized that Simmons literally stood there, you're now saying it wouldn't make a difference. 

He quit on the play.  Period.  You can say whatever you want, but the video tells everything.  You think Giannis would have just quit running right there and watch the play?  Highly doubt it.

What did you want him to do? Phase through Embiid to contest the shot?

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

What did you want him to do? Phase through Embiid to contest the shot?

Yeah, I'm so confused. Embiid had position. Simmons couldn't do anything by chasing him. He handed him off to Embiid and played the passing lane. I'm not sure why Showtime is all over him for that. Embiid had a beautiful contest. Kawhi simply hit the shot.

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, I'm so confused. Embiid had position. Simmons couldn't do anything by chasing him. He handed him off to Embiid and played the passing lane. I'm not sure why Showtime is all over him for that. Embiid had a beautiful contest. Kawhi simply hit the shot.

Agreed. With what was happening, they played it basically perfectly. I think I would have setup the inbounds defense a little bit different, but sometimes people just hot awesome shots. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This team has the worst late game execution than any other top team. 

Finally they make some adjustment and got Lowry on Butler on a switch. 

To be fair, two of their best players can't shoot and are postup guys. Which no other top team has this problem. 

Watching the last ~6 minutes of the game cause I switched over to GoT. Kawhi is freaken ridiculous.

Still a minute to go for me. I think Philly actually didn't do too bad offensively so far. Brown called a nice play (the one where Lowry steals the ball on the pass to Embiid) ATO. Backdoor attempt by Harris, then a JJ double screen pindown by Embiid and Simmons so their guys can't help on the backcut then it flows into a Harris handoff. Thought that was a great call but Raps guarded it well. Maybe have Jimmy be the last option instead of Harris.

Yeah Jimmy should've been the backdoor guy that goes to get driblle handoff. Harris did it lazily.

Archived