#2 Toronto Raptors vs. #3 Philadelphia 76ers | 2019 East Semifinals

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Pretty sire the Sixers may be the one playoff team with a worse bench, especially with Scott in a walking boot.

Monroe is getting serious run for us. Greg Monroe. In a playoff game. Unreal. 

I said this at the time of the Butler deal. Loaded with starting talent, but no bench what so ever. That and Simmons game not translating to the post-season NBA will ultimately be the Sixers' downfall. 

7 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Only checked the boxscore , so sue me, but Philly won with Embiid scoring only 12 and Simmons only 6???

Sorry, but after Boston dispatches the Ducks again, whomever squeaks out between these 2 teams will be fresh meat sons... 

Toronto has the worst staring backcourt in the playoffs

and Simmons might get another ZERO (or was that 2 points??) vs us again. 

It was a single point. Benched for TJ McConnell, people don't forget. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Just like I don’t forget Tatums 0 fg, 2 pt performance this past January.  

did you just compare a game in Jan to a playoff game?? Might want to remind you of the fact BS has the ball in his hands 90% while Tatum on this deep Boston team struggles at times just to get the ball. 

Simmons might just be the biggest playoff FRAUD in playoff history.

16 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

did you just compare a game in Jan to a playoff game?? Might want to remind you of the fact BS has the ball in his hands 90% while Tatum on this deep Boston team struggles at times just to get the ball. 

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Calm down now.

Honestly, he's always going to be a inconsistent playoff performer until he develops even a freaking below average jumper and starts taking some jumpers. But this is why I rate elite isolation scorers so highly for the postseason. Teams will game plan like crazy for you and slow the game up, and then what are you going to do? This is why we need to start compiling lists for best regular season players and a separate one for best postseason players. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, he's always going to be a inconsistent playoff performer until he develops even a freaking below average jumper and starts taking some jumpers. But this is why I rate elite isolation scorers so highly for the postseason. Teams will game plan like crazy for you and slow the game up, and then what are you going to do? This is why we need to start compiling lists for best regular season players and a separate one for best postseason players. 

No doubt he's inconsistent and will struggle until he adjusts, but calling him the biggest playoff fraud ever is beyond hyperbole at this point.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

No doubt he's inconsistent and will struggle until he adjusts, but calling him the biggest playoff fraud ever is beyond hyperbole at this point.

Of course, I mean he's barely played in two postseasons. No way can you say he is the biggest fraud off just two seasons of playing in the postseason. 

32 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Difference is Simmons doesn’t need to score much to have a good game.  When Tatum isn’t scoring, I’m not sure what else he’s doing. 

But I know, Boston already won the east cause they’re up 1-0 in the semis lmao

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Really well I'm trying to think back of somebody who was named to the All-Star Game who absolutely completely disappears in the playoffs if you got a name for me I'd like to hear

23 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Difference is Simmons doesn’t need to score much to have a good game.  When Tatum isn’t scoring, I’m not sure what else he’s doing. 

But I know, Boston already won the east cause they’re up 1-0 in the semis lmao

Okay here's two differences Tatum even without the ball is a threat to shoot and score and teams have to respect that. Number to Jayson Tatum is certainly a better defensive player than Ben Simmons and I don't think that's even close. But if you want to throwing a third Factor Jayson Tatum has already proven many many times how big time he can step up in the fourth quarter something I have never seen Ben Simmons do.

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Okay here's two differences Tatum even without the ball is a threat to shoot and score and teams have to respect that. Number to Jayson Tatum is certainly a better defensive player than Ben Simmons and I don't think that's even close. But if you want to throwing a third Factor Jayson Tatum has already proven many many times how big time he can step up in the fourth quarter something I have never seen Ben Simmons do.

I disagree with that.  They aren’t close, but Ben is better.  Tatum is asked to do less and has more surrounding defensive talent.  

This will go up since he’s covering Kawhi, but, as of now, he’s holding the opposition to under 30 fg% in the playoffs. Kawhi is 0-9 from three when guarded by Ben.

Edited by KellChippy