49ers Trade for OL Laken Tomlinson

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Fusco stays over Beadles. Magnuson could stay over Barnes, and probably should, but he had a rough game agains the Vikings. With Garnett hitting IR, I'd say it should be  Staley/Brown/Kilgore/Tomlinson/Fusco/Magnuson (if he can play guard and center) / Gilliam and probably Theus. When Garnett comes back, probably drop Theus or Gilliam. 

So who plays center of somethig happens to Kilgore? Can Magnuson play center? Don't believe Fusco has ever played there. You have to have to have someone capable of playing center for an extended period of time on the 53, given Kilgore's injury history.

Really wished Baalke had never let Easton go last year. Thought he looked good against us Sunday. Would be perfect for this scheme if he were still around.  

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

So who plays center of somethig happens to Kilgore? Can Magnuson play center? Don't believe Fusco has ever played there. You have to have to have someone capable of playing center for an extended period of time on the 53, given Kilgore's injury history.

Really wished Baalke had never let Easton go last year. Thought he looked good against us Sunday. Would be perfect for this scheme if he were still around.  

The talk was that Magnuson can play center. CAught me by surprise as well, but it was reported by one of the beat writers that was the case. I hadn't heard that, and I don't know that he ever played there in college. 

6 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I like this move. We don't have to start one of Beadles/Fusco, and possibly neither when Garnett is back, so that's already a win. He hasn't been great in Detroit, though. 

Thank god. Although Beadles hasnt been as bad at G this preseason as he was at C. 

When is Garnett supposed to come back? 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Thank god. Although Beadles hasnt been as bad at G this preseason as he was at C. 

When is Garnett supposed to come back? 

IR designated to return is most likely what will happen with him. Not anytime soon.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Magnunson has played C for us in preseason.

Beadles just needs to go. He's bad wherever you line him up.

Well now that Garnett has gone on IR, I think Beadles and Fusco both stick around. At least until Garnett gets healthy and comes off IR. I actually expect both will start against the Panthers.

Archived