Sign in to follow this  
John232

My 7 round mock draft. First 4 rounds with explanation

Posted (edited)

Here it is

I tried to reason it.  I am tired of looking at this spread sheet. I'll take all the hits about what's wrong, bad etc. Love it all and just want to see the conversations come from it. I'm just honestly exhausted looking at this thing for over a month now. 

Some quick things to note:

- I don't like making teams draft RB's. Feel's dirty.

-I did one trade, which was Rosen to the Redskins for Washington Second rounder. I realize this probably isn't totally realistic, but it seems somewhat close to what people are reporting (I guess). 

-If you see any misspellings or anything incorrect, feel free to comment on that too. 

- I've gone through revisions on this plenty of times so if there's a really REALLY redundant pick, I probably lost it in a shuffle. 

My main sources of prospect data was  pulled from TDN and NFL.com. I already enjoy watching tape on a lot of players, but I still can't hit every major name so I had to rely on those other data bases for scouting reports and what not.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Edited by John232

Breaking down the Falcons mock draft:

1) DL Gary - love it. Think it fits in well with what the Falcons do.

2) OT Cajuste - don't love him, but I would understand if this is the pick.

3) RB Sanders - perfect replacement for Coleman

4a) OG Powers - great depth pick.

4b) DT Willis - another good depth pick.

5a) OL Shaq Calhoun - depth pick on the OL. solid.

5b) WR Ratliff-Williams - good receiver/return option

6) S Lukas Denis - good depth safety

7) TE Caleb Wilson - kind of a pick to not have to sign a UDFA. 

Good overall mock for the Falcons, but could have gone away from Calhoun in the 5th for Iman Marshall to help address the CB spot.

Wilkins ain't falling past Tennessee.  All rumors, needs, and Mike Vrabel's on-the-field drilling with him indicate he's their No. 1 target, and he probably isn't getting past Atlanta anyway.

Find it hard to imagine the Jets not going C. Especially when one was there for taking in the 3rd. Connor McGovern or Elgton Jenkins would make much more sense with the early third. We have 1 center on our roster at the moment and that’s our backup from last year. 

I prefer Parris Campbell over Isabella, but I like the Eagles draft overall. 

I agree DE is an absolute team need (we lost 3 of them this offseason) and a lot of solid options. Burns for MIA, ehhh.... I think I'd go Ferrell over Burns here, honestly. that would be my drother....

Otherwise....Good luck on draft day for/with your team! :)

16 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I like it but would rather Miles Sanders over David Montgomery

I think this is a very good Bills draft.  Agree that I would rather have Sanders than Montgomery, who doesn't do much for me.   Otherwise, you hit many of our needs with some really nice value picks.  Particularly good value with some of the later round picks.

6 minutes ago, mr fluffles said:

I think this is a very good Bills draft.  Agree that I would rather have Sanders than Montgomery, who doesn't do much for me.   Otherwise, you hit many of our needs with some really nice value picks.  Particularly good value with some of the later round picks.

Overall yea it's a nice draft for us

Great overall effort.  I like it for the Bengals.  We need a RB, so I'd be happy if we took Holyfield in the seventh instead of the CB