Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BullsandBroncos

My First and Last Mock,

Recommended Posts

1st Round- Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan- I think Devin White will be gone, Ed Oliver is a poor scheme fit and will be gone, and Hockenson won't give us the help we need now. Josey Jewell is a good ILB against the run and that's about it. Todd Davis can get downhill and that's it. Devin Bush is the type of ILB we need and can be what Danny Trevathan and Marshall used to be. His biggest downfall is he's only 235 lbs and has to work on shedding blocks. Something very coachable and correctable.

 

2nd Round- Eric Mccoy, C/G Texas A&M- Mccoy is a very good all around blocker with some versatility, much like Conor Mcgovern, both of which will get a lot better with more playing time.

 

3rd Round- Khalen Saunders, NT, Western Illinois- The "Aaron Donald of the FCS" is named well. He tore it up at the Senior Bowl, dominating every guy he faced. We don't currently have a NT on the team. Now we do. This guy is my breakout player of the this draft. He's just a man among boys. 

 

4th Round- JoeJuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt- Outside corner is something we are lacking. Our 2 best corners are mostly slot guys. That's gotta change. We have Yiadom, but we need more talent and competition and size at this position. WIlliams gives us all 3. 

 

5th Round- Mecole Hardman,  WR, Georgia- Speed. Demon. This kid can absolutely fly and our offense needs more game breakers besides Lindsay. I think he'll slip in the draft because he's only 5'10 180 lbs. Absolutely steal here.

 

6th Round- Darius West, S, Kentucky- Versatile safety. Adds more competition behind Will Parks for the defensive backfield. Special teams Demon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it. Think Williams goes higher though and there is talk of Hardman also going higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Only 1 comment - if TE is in play at 1.10 with Hockenstein, there's zero chance we aren't hitting TE at some point.    Fumigali is a total unknown, as is Butt's future with 2 ACL injuries.  Huermann isn't our future as the main guy. 

No problem with Day 1-2.  You really want Saunders lol, no secret there.  That's about right slot-wise.  If Risner is there, I'd probably get him over McCoy, TBH.  But McCoy is close.

Hardman is one guy I'm pretty meh on (even though I know @Counselor loves his GA guys lol).  I do think we are hitting CB/WR/IOL & ILB for sure.  

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Only 1 comment - if TE is in play at 1.10 with Hockenstein, there's zero chance we aren't hitting TE at some point.    Fumigali is a total unknown, as is Butt's future with 2 ACL injuries.  Huermann isn't our future as the main guy. 

Hardman is one guy I'm pretty meh on (even though I know @Counselor loves his GA guys lol).  I do think we are hitting CB/WR/IOL & ILB for sure.  

I’m not a Georgia homer. Wasn’t a fan of Leonard Floyd at all. Most of the guys I did like have proven me right though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Counselor said:

I’m not a Georgia homer. Wasn’t a fan of Leonard Floyd at all. Most of the guys I did like have proven me right though...

Do you just follow GA a lot?  You are very plugged into their guys (I mean, being a BCS powerhouse, not that surprising, but just thought you were a fan).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is talk out there of some thinking Hardman can be the next Tyreek Hill without the character flaws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Do you just follow GA a lot?  You are very plugged into their guys (I mean, being a BCS powerhouse, not that surprising, but just thought you were a fan).

I’m a UGA fan. But I can see their draft prospects for what they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m a UGA fan. But I can see their draft prospects for what they are.

That's a fair take, as you can tell I'm hard on our guys when I think it's warranted, so I can respect that for sure.

Re: Hardman, the thing that is enticing is also the problem - he's so raw.   His suddeness and wheels are undeniable.  And he's a threat with the ball in his hands.  But he is so tool-reliant and doesn't win by actual route running / good footwork / etc.  That's an Isiah McKenzie floor (not the BUF version, ours).  I won't get too fussed on a Rd5 pick, though.  Just not so enamored with that skill profile.

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's a fair take, as you can tell I'm hard on our guys when I think it's warranted, so I can respect that for sure.

Re: Hardman, the thing that is enticing is also the problem - he's so raw.   His suddeness and wheels are undeniable.  And he's a threat with the ball in his hands.  But he is so tool-reliant and doesn't win by actual route running / good footwork / etc.  That's an Isiah McKenzie floor (not the BUF version, ours).  I won't get too fussed on a Rd5 pick, though.  Just not so enamored with that skill profile.

He’s a great weapon. And a really good hands catcher also. The rest will develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see 1 problem. John Elway said "We will carry 4 QBs" none from FA so in your mock i didn't see a QB and i suppose not undrafted !

The 1st pick is good except at 10 i think is too high.

Don't forget the possibility of CHJ trade to have a 2nd or 3rd round pick. In this case a CB will be choose with the draft pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×