2019 NFL Draft Live GDT - NO SPOILERS DON'T POST PICKS UNTIL TELEVISED

Broncofan

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Or if we had taken Grier or Finlay in the second?  

Personally I think so.  I am good with Lock, great value for where we got him.  But if Flacco sucks and whoever the QB Elway drafted (unless like a 6th rounder) doesn’t pan out Elway is gone IMO

7 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Greedy Williams is going to be an amazing player and Lock will be Osweiler at best.

Greedy Williams reputedly can’t tackle, that’s not going to fly on the 1950s kind of team Fangio wants. 

And we’ll see on Lock. He has a better resume and a stronger arm than Oz.

And, I wish people would stop forgetting this, we don’t win SB50 without Oz. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 3

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

Greedy Williams reputedly can’t tackle, not working on the 1950s kind of team Fangio wants. 

And we’ll see on Lock. He has a better resume and a stronger arm than Oz.

And, I wish people would stop forgetting this, we don’t win SB50 without Oz. 

I do think the situation is a good one for Lock too.  Flacco will be the starter and allow Scarangelo time to work his magic.  That part has me very excited.  Especially if he can grow with Fant Sutton and Lindsay 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’m liking the draft so far. Not loving it but liking it.

I like the value on Lock but it does suck not getting the 5th year option you get for first round picks but there was better value to be had. Still, I like the pick but I was admittedly higher on Lock than most here, but I just have a thing for gun-slingers. 

I guess they’re going to play Risner inside? NFLN listed him as a tackle and we just spent a 1st on Bolles and gave James huge money in the offseason. Can one of the prospect and/or OL experts weigh in?

Also, good to see us keeping with the trend, thus far at least, of high-character guys from P5 programs. 

I’m not an expert, but they will play him at OG for now, with the potential to move him out to RT after James leaves (or as a backup RT, OR CENTER).

I like what we've done today.  I did barely any prospect research this year.

Fant doesn't do a ton for me, never been a first round TE guy, rarely worth it, but I agree w the approach we took at the position, which to me is shooting for the moon for a dynamic mismatch type player.  I much prefer Fant to the better all around TE in hockenson.

Risner is one of the few guys I knew about and reading more definitely wanted him today.  Perfect fit.

Lock with little research I like. I like what I hear about his personality and work ethic and it shows in his completion % growth year over year.  I don't really even get the fall, big arm, accurate off balance and different arm angles, great work ethic and loves the game. Inconsistent and bad footwork are the knocks?  How much inconsistency is due to an outmatched Mizzou team in the SEC.  I think he's got a shot at success, which is all you can ask for w a QB pick lol.

• Like 3

Just now, broncofan48 said:

I do think the situation is a good one for Lock too.  Flacco will be the starter and allow Scarangelo time to work his magic.  That part has me very excited.  Especially if he can grow with Fant Sutton and Lindsay 

Agreed. Pressure is off, he can redshirt this year. Kind of like Oz did under Peyton (and that worked well in 2015). 

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Personally I think so.  I am good with Lock, great value for where we got him.  But if Flacco sucks and whoever the QB Elway drafted (unless like a 6th rounder) doesn’t pan out Elway is gone IMO

I would absolutely agree with you if this had been a first.  Not sure I agree with a second.  I think it will depend more on the specific circumstances.  You just get more rope with a second. 

• Like 1

Dalton will play Center. No doubt there.

Fant can't catch well or block worth a damn. Also has off the field issues. I dont like spending first round picks on guys who catch 40 balls a year for 500 yards and 4-5 TDs. 

Risner is a phenomenal pick.

Lock gets better value in the 2nd but he's still going to be Jay Cutler without the mouth but same attitude.

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’m liking the draft so far. Not loving it but liking it.

I like the value on Lock but it does suck not getting the 5th year option you get for first round picks but there was better value to be had. Still, I like the pick but I was admittedly higher on Lock than most here, but I just have a thing for gun-slingers. 

I guess they’re going to play Risner inside? NFLN listed him as a tackle and we just spent a 1st on Bolles and gave James huge money in the offseason. Can one of the prospect and/or OL experts weigh in?

Also, good to see us keeping with the trend, thus far at least, of high-character guys from P5 programs. 

He’s played OC and RT at Kansas State.  Most projected him at OG.  He dominated in reps at OG during senior bowl week.  Lunch pail type that probably is a quality starter at worst at OC, OG, or RT.  Adds some nice versatility to the OL.

PFF and others saw him as a potential top 15-20 prospect as he had a remarkable pass blocking career, I believe he only allowed 1 sack in his college career.  He fell because he lacked the size/upside of some of these others and didn’t play LT, but he honestly is probably the most polished OL in this draft outside of Jonah Williams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I would absolutely agree with you if this had been a first.  Not sure I agree with a second.  I think it will depend more on the specific circumstances.  You just get more rope with a second. 

Very well could be right.  Lock unless he’s god awful will get minimum 3 years to prove it imo. Flacco this year and then next year essentially Locks first starting year so we will know by 2021! 

Edited by broncofan48