2019 NFL Draft Live GDT - NO SPOILERS DON'T POST PICKS UNTIL TELEVISED

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

So who’s everyone’s targets for the 2 picks in the 5th tomorrow?

Hakeem Butler (he won't last long....I think lol)!

Seriously, we can go after CB/WR/ILB...

For ILB - Vosean Joseph, Blake Cashman, BBK would all fit the bill.   Another possibility - the Jets have an ILB logjam, so trading for Darron Lee with a 5th or 6th and getting 2 cheap years and immediate pass coverage help is a win-win scenario.   Lee's only a cover guy though, so doesn't warrant more than that.

For WR - Hakeem Butler (dreaming, we'd have to move up to early Rd4 to get him IMO), Riley Ridley, Preston Williams (more realistic), Stanley Morgan Jr. (Day 3 getting a fair amount of love as a sleeper pick).   Morgan could easily slide to Rd6-7 IMO. Don't think Williams or Ridley will.

For CB - I don't think CGJ & Love will last much longer lol.  Given Elway's gone with guys we've brought in, gotta recognize that Kris Boyd and Isiaih Johnson were brought in, with Johnson getting 3 separate looks.  I'd bet if either are there in Rd5-6, we could see them go.

And of course, although we have 2 RB's from last year's draft, there's always a chance to mine value late - so if it's Round 6 and a guy like Rodney Anderson is still there, I take him every day.  Especially since Lindsay's pass catching skills are no sure bet to progress, and if we want to use him for his home run ability in space but manage his workload to avoid wearing out, a challenger to Royce Freeman for the backup / thumper role (while Anderson has pass-receiving & blocking chops), or even a Trayveon Williams or Darwin Thompson could easily be in Round 6 at this rate.   

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

The problem is his footwork when he' on the move - some throws look great, others not so much (and why he misses wide open guys badly some times with no explanation).  That's actually the most fixable problem IMO.  The problems with pressure are harder. 

But yeah, it's not going to be a flawless guy if he's not a Rd1 guy.  That's been my main point, so hard for me to be extremely unhappy when Elway didn't tie a Rd1 value to him, not going to get upset about 40's vs. Rd3, not when it's QB that is the position, since the impact is so much more.   I can't really say I'd have been fine with Haskins at 1.10 and then say I'm aghast we took a risk with our 3rd pick and mid-2nd....the prices are a magnitude of order different in risk, so long as Elway doesn't treat him like a must-stick-with investment beyond 2020.

Again though, this seems inaccurate.  I have no idea if his footwork is good.  Couldn’t tell you what good or bad footwork even looks like (all i care about is if it’s completed) and haven’t watched enough of Lock.  But there is rotoworld saying throwing on the move is an issue and PFF saying he’s maybe the best in the draft and both providing statistics to try and back it.

Bias comes into almost everything and anything can be nitpicked or propped up depending on preference, that is my point I guess and Locks ability on the move and ability outside the pocket is a perfect example of that.  One person says he sucks and finds stats to back it, while the other says he’s good and has stats to back it.

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Again though, this seems inaccurate.  I have no idea if his footwork is good.  Couldn’t tell you what good or bad footwork even looks like (all i care about is if it’s completed) and haven’t watched enough of Lock.  But there is rotoworld saying throwing on the move is an issue and PFF saying he’s maybe the best in the draft and both providing statistics to try and back it.

Bias comes into almost everything and anything can be nitpicked or propped up depending on preference, that is my point I guess and Locks ability on the move and ability outside the pocket is a perfect example of that.  One person says he sucks and finds stats to back it, while the other says he’s good and has stats to back it.

It is pretty funny and real common. Once I get fairly interested in a guy I'll watch him some. Not uncommon for me to disagree with many analysts after I've seen him play.

I'm curious what Pete Prisco has to say today. Yesterday he graded our pick of Fant a B-, said we should have picked Lock. I wonder how Fant, Lock and Risner look to him as offensive additions?

8 hours ago, AKRNA said:

It is pretty funny and real common. Once I get fairly interested in a guy I'll watch him some. Not uncommon for me to disagree with many analysts after I've seen him play.

I'm curious what Pete Prisco has to say today. Yesterday he graded our pick of Fant a B-, said we should have picked Lock. I wonder how Fant, Lock and Risner look to him as offensive additions?

Priscos a moron. He has players he likes and doesn’t like, not based on anything objective mind you, had it in his mind where players should go, and the makes **** up to fit this preconceived notion. 

Cody Ford goes off the board and he’s praising the move, we take Dalton (who I have as a better player) and his response is “I think I could play left tackle in that conference and not give up any sacks. There's not a lot of pass rushers in the Big 12, so you've got to slow the roll there.” Despite both playing in the big 12.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Hate to say it by Kansas City had a hell of a second day. I love all three of their picks

I think ppl are kidding themselves if they think Hardman will replace even 80+ percent of Hill’s production long/term.   And it’s a reach for the value alone driven more by need.  But stylistically he offers the vertical threat and the YAC freelancing Hill provides that the O needs. The production will go elsewhere while the O still kills it.  For a true legit contender it’s an overpay but that’s a 1-player away move that is justified.   

Thornhill was an amazing value.   DAL fans were so pissed when they passed on him.   Saunders fills a need to help their nonexistent run D in the trenches  so much.  That inability to stop the run doomed their playoff run.

KC and LAC are just the class of the conference with IND/CLE (of course NE).  We’ve had a really good draft for sure so far.     Just that they haven’t really misfired either.   LAC getting their T for the future and adding Adderly to pair with James and their CB is nuts.  And Tillery fixes their inside push and run D so much from Rd1.  

DEN KC and LAC all have done well so far IMO.  OAK really had a chance to catch up with the most draft capital but if Ferrell isn’t elite that’s a huge loss in value.  Mullen and Abram are high tool guys but much better skill guys with similar ceilings were there at S/CB.   We know from past history how that usually works out.   Nothing is set in stone for 2+ years but it’s hard not to see the Raiders underwhelming in return for the insane capital they invested given the risk profile they chose to take across the board.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Raiders had four picks in the top 35, and I'd easily take our top four picks over theirs, and that's with acknowledging we have no clue what Lock will be. They blew it. 

That’s so sad for them! I totally agree and I’m glad the way the draft has played out for us. Props to Elway.

I like the Fant pick. The Broncos need a dynamic player on offense and I thought the trade down was okay value - you weren’t gonna fleece someone for a linebacker. I really like the core we are building on offense. 

Love the OL pick. Shoutout to the local boys. Saw a lot of you talking him up and he seems like another great dude and leader. 

I’m torn on Lock. I think the value was great and the trade down was pretty masterful. Buuuuut I am not sure I feel great about investing time and skipping on elite QB prospects (next year) for a second round talent. That being said, he wore a sleeve in college so I’m pretty in on that.