2019 NFL Draft Live GDT - NO SPOILERS DON'T POST PICKS UNTIL TELEVISED

Broncofan

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Elway has absolutely crushed this draft. Every pick was a great value. 

Call me IMPRESSED!!  I know many of us have doubted Elway including myself but I really believe he has come into his own as a GM especially with regard to the draft.  He is locking in on value and character.  When I saw our schedule and felt that Flacco would not get protection I saw us winning 5-6 games but so far with this draft I see Fant being a definite red zone option.  Yeah it takes time for a TE to develop but he will be a definite red zone option for sure.  I really like the Lock pick too.  I kind of liked Haskins more but during the past week or two I really started liking Lock and as I mentioned previously I wanted QB at 1.10 so Elway had his cake and ate it too!  One more note - I also think that the Harris squabble will get rectified.  No trade indicates that to me.  He won't get 15 but he can be our highest paid back which he deserves.  I would just hope for an escape two years out.  I think it's easy enough to rectify.  You tell him man your timing sucked and caught me off guard and I was focused on the draft for the past two months and that's why I reacted the way I did.  Yeah, your our best back and I can make you the highest paid but no one gets what they expect just look at Bell and Brown - something like that ought to do it (I hope anyway, lol).   

PS i want one receiver and the rest D today!

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver traded 148 to the 49ers for Dekoda Watson and 212

SF and DEN have each other on speed dial lol.  Gotta think it means he’s targeted for 3rd ILB duties.   For a 30 year old signed for 1 year.  Weird.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

There's our first "WTF" draft moment. That is an idiotic trade. 

It’s not like he’s a difference maker.  And he’s not under cost control.  That’s a head scratcher.  Maybe the picks are wrong?   Same round you’d say ok whatever.    Just weird. 

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

It’s not like he’s a difference maker.  And he’s not under cost control.  That’s a head scratcher. 

Values him as a late 5th. Instead of doubling up early in the 5th, they'll have to wait almost two full rounds between picks. This makes no sense. 

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Values him as a late 5th. Instead of doubling up early in the 5th, they'll have to wait almost two full rounds between picks. This makes no sense. 

TBH the Jets might end up dealing Darron Lee for a 5th with their logjam after signing CJ Mosley and Williamson there.   Who’s younger and under 2 cheap years and while more a coverage LB is what we’d be targeting.  That’s a crazy price even just for a day 3 swap for 1 year of a rotational 31 year old.  

Maybe we had a handshake agreement to return value gained if Kapri Bibbs didn’t work out?    That was a gift our way b4 seems like we repaid the favor.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Priscos a moron. He has players he likes and doesn’t like, not based on anything objective mind you, had it in his mind where players should go, and the makes **** up to fit this preconceived notion. 

Cody Ford goes off the board and he’s praising the move, we take Dalton (who I have as a better player) and his response is “I think I could play left tackle in that conference and not give up any sacks. There's not a lot of pass rushers in the Big 12, so you've got to slow the roll there.” Despite both playing in the big 12.

I read that same thing and laughed my a** off. If he had a clue he'd know that Ford doesnt' have the mobility to fit in our offense, IMO he's a LG and thats about it.. Risner is one of three IOL that could step in here and play right away. Bradbury and Lindstrom were already gone. I think we got a steal in Risner and would have hated the Ford pick. We already got a LG.