2019 NFL Draft Live GDT - NO SPOILERS DON'T POST PICKS UNTIL TELEVISED

Broncofan

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

TES DONT DICTATE HOW GOOD YOUR TEAM IS QBs DO!!!! lol There is only maybe 5 TEs in the entire NFL worth half a crap and guess what, they all play on team that are not contenders.

Kelce, Ertz, and formerly Gronk were notnon contenders??

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t get the hate for the Fant pick. I can understand the desire to take Haskins or Bush at 10 and that we didn’t get killer value in the trade. But if we were picking organically at 20 and got Fant I think we’d be happy, no? 

And Rich Eisen is absolutely awful on NFLN. Why not have Kay Adams from GMFB host? Eisen has been horrendous. 

Can’t really hear him we have the volume down. But yeah Fant at 20 is good value.  Bush vs trading down is definitely up for debate 

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

TES DONT DICTATE HOW GOOD YOUR TEAM IS QBs DO!!!! lol There is only maybe 5 TEs in the entire NFL worth half a crap 

And those teams with TEs  worth a crap were in the playoffs, and in the Super Bowl...just sayen...Gronk, Kelce, Ebron, Ertz, Watson...just sayen...seems like a trend. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

TES DONT DICTATE HOW GOOD YOUR TEAM IS QBs DO!!!! lol There is only maybe 5 TEs in the entire NFL worth half a crap and guess what, they all play on team that are not contenders.

Gronk? Kelce? Ertz? That’s 3 of the best teams in the league. 

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

And those teams with TEs  worth a crap were in the playoffs, and in the Super Bowl...just sayen...Gronk, Kelce, Ebron, Ertz, Watson...just sayen...seems like a trend. 

Yeah George Kittle, Jerod Cook and Jimmy Graham were certainly helping the Raiders, 49ers, and Packers to the playoffs last year.

Also, the only TE you mentioned that was taken in the 1st round was Eric Ebron who took 6 years to actually become not a bust. All the other TEs on your list were after the 1st round.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don’t get the hate for the Fant pick. I can understand the desire to take Haskins or Bush at 10 and that we didn’t get killer value in the trade. But if we were picking organically at 20 and got Fant I think we’d be happy, no? 

And Rich Eisen is absolutely awful on NFLN. Why not have Kay Adams from GMFB host? Eisen has been horrendous. 

I would rather have Fant than Haskins. And, I am watching the draft on ESPN. The people on GMFB are lame. So is the NFL Network.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

TES DONT DICTATE HOW GOOD YOUR TEAM IS QBs DO!!!! lol There is only maybe 5 TEs in the entire NFL worth half a crap 

I agree.  But that’s not what you said.  We all get the argument that we need a QB.  Some think Haskins could have been that QB. Some don’t. Wasting a pick on another Lynch would not have done the franchise any good.  But none of that has anything to do with the fact that TE is unquestionably a severe position of need for the Broncos - which you are arguing 

1 minute ago, 1234567 said:

But that's my argument. There's no way Elway *knew* Fant would still be there; in fact, he probably shouldn't have been. Which makes that trade all the more stupid imho. It's like Elway just traded back for the hell of it, which would be fine if we had at least won the trade. But turning over a an all-pro caliber ILB to a team that's desperate for him when you apparently didn't have any kind of actual plan was stupid. Especially when you factor in that we didn't exactly make out like bandits on the trade value and we totally could have. The fact that Fant fell to us at 20 makes this a lucky pick, not a good one. Elway should be thanking his lucky stars right now lol.

Again, this is pure opinion.  Yes, maybe Denver got lucky, but I doubt they traded back with 1 player in mind being there, if they did it would’ve probably been a reach.

Denver more than likely had multiple players in mind or with similar grades that they knew would be there at 20.  

I get it, I love Devin Bush, I said it before the draft he was my favorite player and I agree that I see him being an all pro, but I think Fant can get those accolades as well.  Bush was the safer pick, IMO, but as freaky as Bush is at ILB, Fant is at TE and he’ll get put on display in this system, IMO

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

AAA I don't think you'll hear anyone have a problem with the 1.20 pick of Fant in a vacuum (well except @AkronsWitness ) - but he's also arguing a valid point on how long TE's take to be impact players.  If it ends up that the impact doesn't start until Year 3, that usually take which takes away the Rd1 value - it's not even about Fant as much as it is about how hard it is for TE's to return Rd1 value - 2 years of redshirting is a pretty break-even return if the last 3 years are special, but ideally you want only 1 year - but that's hard with most TE's.  I think Iowa TE's have a much better shot, though.   

The other objection which I get is that Bush at 1.10, or Haskins at 1.10, may end up being a better impact for us.   And the debate on owning leverage on PIT, but settling for the return, when PIT was the one desperate to get Devin Bush, and us not knowing we would get at 1.20.   Usually that ends up with the team moving up overpaying.  That's a fair point.

But Fant at 1.20?  Very little objection in a vacuum.  It's the other areas where the debate is.  

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

Again, this is pure opinion.  Yes, maybe Denver got lucky, but I doubt they traded back with 1 player in mind being there, if they did it would’ve probably been a reach.

Denver more than likely had multiple players in mind or with similar grades that they knew would be there at 20.  

I get it, I love Devin Bush, I said it before the draft he was my favorite player and I agree that I see him being an all pro, but I think Fant can get those accolades as well.  Bush was the safer pick, IMO, but as freaky as Bush is at ILB, Fant is at TE and he’ll get put on display in this system, IMO

I wonder how much Influence Scarangelo had  

2 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Tillery to Chargers.  Great pick by them. 

Other than their T's getting a little old, the Chargers only real hole was their run D.  When Perryman went down, their interior DL was exposed.  So long as Tillery stays healthy, that's no longer the case.  He's an ANIMAL.   Awesome pick.

Telesco has really impressed with his draft history the last 3-4 seasons after a very meh first 2 drafts.  Hats off to them.

Yeah George Kittle, Jerod Cook and Jimmy Graham were certainly helping the Raiders, 49ers, and Packers to the playoffs last year.

Also, the only TE you mentioned that was taken in the 1st round was Eric Ebron who took 6 years to actually become not a bust. All the other TEs on your list were after the 1st round.

The point is the better teams all have stability at the TE position...probably something to be said for a mismatch that opens up everything else for the WRs and backs out of the backfield.

As did josh Rosen, Blake Bortles, Paxton Lynch, and a hundred other first round QB washouts.  

Dude.  We get it.  Broncos need a QBOTF. Stop pissing on the Fant pick, when your beef is with the fact that they didn’t take Haskins.