2019 NFL Draft Live GDT - NO SPOILERS DON'T POST PICKS UNTIL TELEVISED

Broncofan

19 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Today is the day! Day 1 gets the hype, Day 2 is where champions are built. Go get it done John!

Until 2018 happened, I'd say you're dreaming.   Last year was a marked turnaround in his draft fortunes since 2012.   Hopefully it continues.   Like you said this is when you build cheap roster depth that sustains contention, albeit not usually until year 2+. 

The other part of why I didn't mind the Fant pick at all - realistically the biggest impact our draft class will have is 2020+.   But that's also our realistic window to contend, and 10x moreso if we end up dealing CHJ. 

Fant's longer incubation time as a TE really fits with our contention window, assuming we keep building the roster well in the draft.   He does have to give us 3+ impact years to call it a good pick given the capital, but that's where I put my faith in the Iowa system and his elite ceiling.   As a receiver his ceiling surpasses OJ Howard, who is the only TE to earn the OK-for-Rd-1 label before Hock/Fant this year in a while (besides Njoku, given he was 20 when he got drafted, I'll admit I whiffed in being OK with Rd1 there unless his breakout happens this year).

Edited by Broncofan

I don’t know as much about the available WR’s, but I do like Deebo and Whiteside. 

My “we won the Lottery” wish list would look something like Risner, Murphy, and Deebo.😜  Never going to happen, of course.   Others I’d like to see us target include McCoy, Oruwariye, Long, Rock, Samia.  Would be very happy with Risner, Long, best WR in 3rd, or even Whiteside, Long, and Samia.  

14 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I don’t know as much about the available WR’s, but I do like Deebo and Whiteside. 

My “we won the Lottery” wish list would look something like Risner, Murphy, and Deebo.😜  Never going to happen, of course.   Others I’d like to see us target include McCoy, Oruwariye, Long, Rock, Samia.  Would be very happy with Risner, Long, best WR in 3rd, or even Whiteside, Long, and Samia.  

It only takes 1 team to fall in love but both Deebo and Whiteside seem like Rd3+ picks now that only 2 WR’s have gone.  Guys like DK Metcalf, Hakeem Butler, AJ Brown, Parris Campbell and even little Andy Isabella alongside others like Myles Boykin and a few others all project ahead.  

We definitely should mine that depth just seems like it can wait unless we see an elite talent too good to pass up.  Butler is that guy for me.  I’m close to saying that for Boykin but he’s a tough evaluation because the ND QB sucked so hard the last 2 years.  Reminds me of Golladay. 

I do love Deebo at 3.11 or later though. He wins in ways that would replace Sanders well down the road.  

Edited by Broncofan

My dream Day 2:

Dalton

Deebo

BBK (i know it’ll be a bit of a reach but I think he goes in Rd 4 and we don’t have one. I’d prefer trading back for a late 3/early 4 and pick up another 5 or 2020 4 and take him there, but even if we can’t he’s a player I’d be willing to over draft as I think he’s a starter with PB potential)

50 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

My dream Day 2:

Dalton

Deebo

BBK (i know it’ll be a bit of a reach but I think he goes in Rd 4 and we don’t have one. I’d prefer trading back for a late 3/early 4 and pick up another 5 or 2020 4 and take him there, but even if we can’t he’s a player I’d be willing to over draft as I think he’s a starter with PB potential)

Agreed with the first two, those would be amazing. They probably need to spend that next pick at LB since they won't pick again until 127, but I don't have a favorite. Just seems like a lot of guys, get someone who can run. 

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What are some thoughts on our AFC West rivals drafts so far?

I think that was a pretty incredible way to blow a first round you owned, as far as the Raiders go. Tillery makes a lot of sense for the Chargers, but some of the stuff I hear about his personality and work ethic would make me a little bit weary. 

The Chiefs have seen better days...

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

My dream Day 2:

Dalton

Deebo

I’d be fine taking BBK with 52 honestly. I know no one will agree but he is a baller.

Another LB to keep an eye on if he lasts to the 3rd round is Blake Cashman out of Minnesota.  Tested really well at the combine and had an excellent senior year. Also a high character guy who went from walk on to team captain.

• Like 1