Draft Day Thread - Round 1

MKnight82

Multiple rumors that Snyder has taken control of the draft room and plans to trade up for a QB, apparently he is enamored with Dwayne Haskins, who has ties to the DC area and counts Shawn Springs as a mentor (Springs and Snyder maintain a close relationship.) 

This is when being a Redskins fan really sucks.  

I have no interest in trading down. Doing this cost us Watt, Fuller, Lockett, Tank Lawrence, Joel Bitonio etc. Trading down for more mid to late round picks over just picking the best player has not worked out too well for this franchise with the Kerrigan being really the only exception. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I have no interest in trading down. Doing this cost us Watt, Fuller, Lockett, Tank Lawrence, Joel Bitonio etc. Trading down for more mid to late round picks over just picking the best player has not worked out too well for this franchise with the Kerrigan being really the only exception. 

Kerrigans class was super top heavy!!! And we played a guanity card!!!! This year has great depth and top hits!! This is almost a year if you mess up your just drafting slyly on need!!

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

If they traded down and passed on a Pass Rusher or QB and got the best CB or WR and drafted a top 5 FS or Guard how is that a bad thing? Your filling more wholes on the team. 

Because pass rusher and QB are game changers. Without them you rarely have any chance. So yeah, I’d rather take the QB or pass rusher than trade down for inferior players. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Because pass rusher and QB are game changers. Without them you rarely have any chance. So yeah, I’d rather take the QB or pass rusher than trade down for inferior players. 

So you dont need a Guard to protect the QB and allow open lanes for Guice and Peterson? They don't need a Replacement for Norman or a guy to push him to potentially get back to his Panther days? 

This day starts the day of my contemplation from this off season. Trading for Josh Rosen would have given me some belief in the FO that things had changed. 

Now, the smoke screens are all over the place and I HATE that Daniel Jones is linked to the Redskins in any way. Tonight will really sway my opinion of the Skins future and my dedication to them. Sorry guys, I am as loyal as they get, but there is an absolute we all have to deal with, and yes this is sports, but I love football, and this team is never going to admit they need to do something that makes logical sense with a strategy. 

I have to come to terms with the simple fact that, there is no GM because Bruce cannot handle opposition. And Bruce has no, absolutely no strategy in how to build a team. its about what can we do to get people to buy back into the team. And THAT is what I am struggling with as a fan, because the front office does not believe in the team, only the bottom line, when there is a DIRECT CORRELATION to the two. 

So we will see. 

As a fan I am excited for this day.