Draft Day Thread - Round 1

MKnight82

42 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So you dont need a Guard to protect the QB and allow open lanes for Guice and Peterson? They don't need a Replacement for Norman or a guy to push him to potentially get back to his Panther days? 

No you don’t need a guard high in the draft. We have two third round picks and that’s more than high enough to get a guard. And I currently don’t have much interest in drafting a corner. We spent picks on Moreau, Alexander and Stroman. I’d like to see those guys developed and get a potential game-wrecking pass rusher. Burns or Sweat makes our DBs better just by the ability to fly off the edge. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

To all those pushing for a QB don't be mad when/if they trade up into the top 5 To get Haskins! Dan is giving you what you're asking for! I definitely believe the reports they are tryna trade up! 

They aren’t trading up for a QB. Stop biting on what Grant is saying so he can drum up listeners for his show. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No you don’t need a guard high in the draft. We have two third round picks and that’s more than high enough to get a guard. And I currently don’t have much interest in drafting a corner. We spent picks on Moreau, Alexander and Stroman. I’d like to see those guys developed and get a potential game-wrecking pass rusher. Burns or Sweat makes our DBs better just by the ability to fly off the edge. 

And if they don't get to the QB you better have guys that can cover. Deandre Baker can cover and has covered the best of the best in college. Thats my number 1 guy. Seen too many guys who dominated Olines in college but cant get to the QB in the NFL. Davenport is a prime example. 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

And if they don't get to the QB you better have guys that can cover. Deandre Baker can cover and has covered the best of the best in college. Thats my number 1 guy. Seen too many guys who dominated Olines in college but cant get to the QB in the NFL. Davenport is a prime example. 

If you trade back Baker is most likely going to be gone. You either take him at 15 or most likely lose him. So then, if Sweat, Burns and Baker are all there I’m going with pass rusher. That’s just how I would build a team. There’s nothing wrong with taking Baker I just feel like we currently have more young promising players at DB then we do pass rusher. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No you don’t need a guard high in the draft. 

I am all about drafting a guard this high if there was one worth it.  But sadly there is no left guard in the first round.  They are all right guards.  We don't need a right guard.  I don't draft a player, like Cody Ford, and change their position with #15.  

I am happy to trade down as long as the picks received are in the top 3 rounds.  I don't want to do a trade for a bunch of 6th round picks.

I'm pretty confident that we trade down. I'm hoping for an extra 2nd, but I'll take a 3rd.

We could still land an impact player in the 24-32 range & that's what I'm hoping for.

Lots of talent in that 2nd & 3rd round.

Can you imagine WR Hakeem Butler on this team? 6'5" 220

Andy Isabella?

What about FS Deonte Thompson or Taylor Rapp?

What about TE Irv Smith Jr? Or Noah Fant?

What about Greedy Williams or DeAndre Baker?

These are all guys that probably will be available on a trade down & into the 2nd or 3rd Rd.

Trading down is the smart play, if we can get fair value from the drop.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If you trade back Baker is most likely going to be gone. You either take him at 15 or most likely lose him. So then, if Sweat, Burns and Baker are all there I’m going with pass rusher. That’s just how I would build a team. There’s nothing wrong with taking Baker I just feel like we currently have more young promising players at DB then we do pass rusher. 

I see no Promising shutdown #1 guy on the roster. Baker has that potential and from reports it seems people are sleeping on him and I think he can be had at 24. I would be looking to trade #15 for #24 and #35. Baker, Murphy, AJ Brown, or Greedy Willams at #24 and a Guard, Pass Rusher, or WR (if Brown isn't picked at 24) at #35. 

Hello guys long time since I posted here. Hope all is well with everyone. Here's my thoughts on the upcoming draft. I always believe in building a team from inside out. Therefore my hope is addressing the LOS (OL, DL). We have solidify the middle of the DL. We need a pass rusher and this draft has many option.

We also need to address the OL. Now I know some will debate other wise and I respect that. To me games are won at the LOS. No need to trade up and get a QB.

Regardless who we pick tonight I am fine with it  as long as that player can produce. No bust material.  

Count down time. Waiting patiently 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

After the projected first round G's the middle round G's are not something to shake a stick at.