Baltimore Ravens 2019 Draft Thread

coordinator0

Devin Bush is probably going top 10. I would be more stunned if he fell than someone like Hockensen.

I'm hoping for a pick at 22. Go for the talent, especially if you're looking at the receivers. Metcalf, Brown, Harry, doesn't matter. Get your guy to pair with Jackson going forward. Not just whatever guy falls to a later spot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Devin Bush is probably going top 10. I would be more stunned if he fell than someone like Hockensen.

I'm hoping for a pick at 22. Go for the talent, especially if you're looking at the receivers. Metcalf, Brown, Harry, doesn't matter. Get your guy to pair with Jackson going forward. Not just whatever guy falls to a later spot.

I feel like Metcalf is going to be an Ashley Lelie type, get's a lot of big plays, but never puts it all together.

Hollywood all of a sudden in the top 20 of most mocks out there.... :( Did everyone just get to watching his tape and realize he's awesome? He hasn't done anything in the offseason.

I haven't watched many prospects so I most likely won't have a super strong reaction negatively right away.... unless its Metcalf at 22.

2 hours ago, alfalcone said:

I feel like Metcalf is going to be an Ashley Lelie type, get's a lot of big plays, but never puts it all together.

I'm willing to have faith in gambling in his elite physical (linear) abilities. Ashley Leslie was a twig IIRC. Metcalf's physicality is something that will translate.

• Like 2

Yeah, while there are receivers I like more than Metcalf, those measurables are certainly tantalizing.

That said, I watched an interview of his and came away feeling he’s going to be a diva receiver. So that along with his durability concerns and production volume probably scares me away from him. I wouldn’t have him off my list completely, but I would be a bit shy with his selection.

On another note, I initially shied away from the prospect of N’Keal Harry largely because of the redundancy he brings to the table. He’s going to bring a similar ability to the table as our TEs and Snead, but it’s also worth noting that Snead only has one year left on his deal.

Also at such a young age, DeCosta could view Harry as being on a DeAndre Hopkins type of ascension. He did just tie the combine for rep strength, he displayed quality numbers in agility scores, and has nice hands. His age score was elite similar to Nuke. So the team may feel passing up on the high floor of Harry and his high potential (based on age) because we have a quality slot receiver might be folly. And when thinking about it from that vein, I might have to agree.

All of the WR prospects have major flaws, but Harry is probably my preferred WR to take in the first.  I think he could be a good Z receiver who spends some time as a big slot too - both of which would help to somewhat negate the concern about him playing against press coverage

Last minute mock:

1. Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State
3a. Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
3b. D'Andre Walker, Edge, Georgia
4a. Joe Jackson, Edge, Miami
4b. Isaiah Prince, OT, Ohio State
5. Ty Johnson, RB, Maryland
6a. Sione Takitaki, ILB, Brigham Young
6b. Jaylen Smith, WR, Louisville

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Last minute mock:

1. Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State
3a. Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
3b. D'Andre Walker, Edge, Georgia
4a. Joe Jackson, Edge, Miami
4b. Isaiah Prince, OT, Ohio State
5. Ty Johnson, RB, Maryland
6a. Sione Takitaki, ILB, Brigham Young
6b. Jaylen Smith, WR, Louisville

No Bama picks? That's where you're wrong ;)

• Like 1