Baltimore Ravens 2019 Draft Thread

coordinator0

I'm going to continue my tradition of completely falling for one prospect and ending up disappointed in the very likely event he doesn't end up with the Ravens*. It's Hollywood Brown this year. I have a great fear that someone will trade to 21 and take him.

*Worked out 3 times with Lamar, Jimmy Smith and Ngata.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm going to continue my tradition of completely falling for one prospect and ending up disappointed in the very likely event he doesn't end up with the Ravens*. It's Hollywood Brown this year. I have a great fear that someone will trade to 21 and take him.

*Worked out 3 times with Lamar, Jimmy Smith and Ngata.

All aboard the Hollywood train! CHOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOO

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I appreciate all the work you guys do with all these prospect evaluations. My two cents: I think the Ravens will target QB Easton Stick in the middle rounds, sometime early on Saturday. 

will grier!

Me, every single year: "Let's take these guys who've been mocked to us all year long!"

Me, once we trade down twice out of the first round: "WHY DO I EVEN CARE?"

We're going to trade out of the 1st I would suspect because the talent is so loaded late in the 1st/early in the 2nd, and I know we'll end up drafting someone nobody mocked to us.

12 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

well its EDC' s call now so hopefully he'll continue to take a different approach than Ozzie and just put the damn card in if top end talent falls to him. rather than accumulating later picks because some stoopid azz 80/20 BS. 

Hate to disappoint you, but indications are that Decosta was a/the force behind the trade down get extra swings movement. He's the one Biscotti called a "pick who--" when the Ravens were gaining picks by trading down instead of taking Flacco at 8 overall in 2008. I doubt there is any approach change.

But again, I don't think we trade down because there won't be value like in year's past and the picks we'd gain from moving down won't get us anything in a range we don't already have multiple picks.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

I never hate trading down, but you know it's always the hype of waiting that long just for the Ravens to be on the board, then announcing we're trading back so you have to keep waiting, then we trade back again. It's just a let down, but ultimately it's just because I want to be excited about our pick and talk about it lol

This is one of those years (unlike last year) where I've spent almost no time studying prospects, so I'll probably be angry about anyone we pick regardless and then in a couple years I'll look back and go "oooof really missed the boat on that one..."

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

My gut says we trade out, likely with New England, and take some combo of:

1) A center, either Erik McCoy or Garrett Bradbury

2) A big receiver and a small receiver (big being Miles Boykin / Hakeem Butler / AJ Brown, small being Parris Campbell, Andy Isabella)

3) An explosive running back (Justice Hill or Darrell Henderson)

Honorable mention being Michigan defenders, Devin Bush if he falls, David Long, or Chase Winovich