Baltimore Ravens 2019 Draft Thread

coordinator0

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't even remember watching one of his cut ups, but christ I keep seeing absolute disbelief that he went undrafted. One of the biggest reactions I've ever seen over a UDFA. Reminds me of Vontaze Burfict back in the day. Apparently he's a Day 2 talent that dominated all season, and we got a major steal.

If Skyler Mornhinweg is anything like Marty, the punch that got Gerald Willis thrown out of Florida, should have earned him a statue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alfalcone said:

If Skyler Mornhinweg is anything like Marty, the punch that got Gerald Willis thrown out of Florida, should have earned him a statue.

First off, I've only met broads named Skyler. Bad name for a male. It sounds like Skyler accused Willis of being a thief, so Willis started beating him up. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. College kids fight.

I would love to hear Marty's reaction to us signing him though :D.

I agree with Zierlein's line on Willis "Feast or Famine 3 Technique", that's what he is at this point. He's overaged and undersized. You see the ability though. Super quick off the line, and when he wins- he wins big. That LSU cut up is strong, but he struggled against BC's OL.

We wanted a DI who could get after the QB and we got one. He isn't strong or disciplined enough to play on early downs right now, and profiles as an inside option on passing downs. Our coaches will clean him up good, and getting him around high character work ethic monsters like our other DIs will be great for him. I don't think we'll see him this year, but he's a great option for the future. Our preseason D should be stellar again lol.

Also, apparently his brother is Landon Collins. 

Sounds like we got another Michael Pierce as a UDFA.

Also, I was pretty upset that we signed Ronald Ollie (from Last Chance U) until 2 minutes later when we rescinded the offer and he went to the Raiders. Dude is a complete head case.

Lastly, getting Lamar's best college WR as a UDFA is pretty dope, too.

Looking for interviews of the players, and found this. Both are Ravens now. Relaxed environment, they all seem like friends. Daylon said the weirdest question he got in interviews was "If Terrell Suggs asks you to carry his stuff for him, would you do it?". Funny now that he's a Raven, and Suggs isn't.

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

What is "breakout age"?

It's the age at which a WR first achieved a 20%+ Dominator Rating(% of total team receiving yards & TDs)- In simple terms, when they were a major part of the offense. The higher the dominator, the greater their impact/importance was. And obviously a player achieving this at an incredibly young age shows they are phenoms at the position. In that they can come into a program young and with no development needed, start to carry an offense. It's considered a skeleton key for WR evaluation in both the fantasy and real world game.

DeAndre Hopkins for example had a breakout age of 18.2. WRs who breakout before 19 are considered phenoms. And you aren't going to find top WRs that don't have good breakout ages, there's very few if any exceptions.

This Juston Christian kid has a MFing 17.7 Breakout Age. I've legit never seen one that crazy before. It's in the 100th percentile. That means as a 17 year old, he went to college and started dominating against grown men right away. No development, no adjustment, just boom. So I thinks it's safe to say we should pay a little extra attention to him. He's a hometown kid too. The last hometown kid with a phenom breakout age is a Mr. Stefon Diggs.

• Like 1

Ofc low level of competition, lack of other offensive talent, a Kamar Aiken 2015 situation where he was force fed the football would be the arguments against that statistic/term, but still competing at that age against older players at that position is still quite impressive.

30 minutes ago, Danand said:

Ofc low level of competition, lack of other offensive talent, a Kamar Aiken 2015 situation where he was force fed the football would be the arguments against that statistic/term, but still competing at that age against older players at that position is still quite impressive.

Those aren't arguments against the metric. The level of competition doesn't matter. If you're a good player you should be producing, and if you're a great player you should account for a significant amount of the offense. Small school guys like Antonio Brown, T.Y. Hilton, and Adam Thielen etc all fall in line. All of them have above average-elite college dominators. 

Just because a team lacks offensive talent, it doesn't make that one player any better. They still have to produce on the opportunity share. And in fact accounting for so much of your team's offense means you're going to be game planned against and focused on by the defense. Usually making it harder to get results. Juston maintained and improved his production throughout his career.

Now where you do need to crack open the score is in a situation like with Marquise Brown. He has a below average dominator and breakout age. Why? Because he transferred over from a JUCO and was a part of a prolific offense. 

Juston Christian having a 96th percentile Dominator, 99th percentile YPR, and 100th percentile Breakout Age. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to become an All-Pro or quite frankly even make our roster. Those figures are major indicators of possible/likely success when put up against historical data though. 

We hosted him at our local prospect workout and obviously liked him enough to pursue him as an UDFA. So that's a good sign. He also comes off as switched on and bright. So there's no Perriman minus in his evaluation. Seems to come from a good family too. Reminds me a bit of Marlon to be honest. Hopefully we found a diamond.

• Like 1