Baltimore Ravens 2019 Draft Thread

coordinator0

5 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Add LJ Scott from Michigan State to above list of signed UDFA

:x:x:x

I like that. Scott is a pretty solid runner. He was hurt this past year and it really hampered him. Don't see him making Baltimore's roster, but he's a good candidate for their yearly PS running back.

Also not sure who on this list is out if Scott is in, maybe he or somebody else is a training camp tryout:

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2019/4/27/18520447/ravens-udfa-tracker-undrafted-free-agent-signings-2019-nfl-news-latest-breaking-baltimore

Undrafted Free Agent rumors/signings

Gerald Willis, DT, Miami —[Willis]
Jaylen Smith, WR, Louisville — [Pelissero]
Michael Onuoha, OLB, Texas A&M Commerce — [Onuoha]
Evan Worthington, DB, Colorado — [Worthington]
Juston Christian, WR, Marist — [Justin M]
Marcus Applefield, OL, Virginia — [UVA]
Ejodamen Ejiya, LB, North Texas — [Ejiya]
Otaro Alaka, LB, Texas A&M — [Brown]
C.J. Toogood, OL, Elon — [Elon]
Charles Scarff, TE, Delaware [Delaware]
Silas Stewart, LB, Incarnate Word (TX) — Retweeted by Stewart[Curry]
Sean Modster, WR, Boise State — [Rains]
Cole Merdman, TE, Purdue — [Verma]
Antoine Wesley, WR, Texas Tech — [Texas Tech]
Patrick Mekari, OL, Cal — [Zrebiec]
Markus Jones, OLB, Angelo St. — [Zrebiec]
Kalil Morris, DL, Ken St. — [Zrebiec]
Tank Kelly, CB, Fresno St. — [Zrebiec]
Matt Orzech, LS, Azusa Pacific — [Zrebiec]

Brandon Williams / Michael Pierce / Chris Wormley / Zach Seiler / Willie Henry / Daylon Mack / Gerald Willis / Steven Moore

Quite the defensive line. Mack is the potential replacement for Williams (cut) or Pierce (FA). Willis might be a pretty solid replacement for Henry (FA). Then you've got Wormley who's solid and a pretty exciting prospect in Seiler. 

• Like 2

Picks I see as having immediate impact felt in their rookie season.

Hollywood Brown- His foot injury leaves me somewhat concerned. But I’m predicting that he builds momentum as the season progresses and turns in an 800 yds, 6 TD, 18.9 ypc season.

Jaylon Ferguson- What are the chances that our edge talents see no injuries? Or what’s the likelihood that Tim Williams stays completely out of Harbaugh’s doghouse? Jaylon Ferguson has the kind of playing style that reminds of Suggs what with being physical at the POA and utilizing hand fighting and bull rushes to get to the signal caller. I’m sure that’ll appeal him to Harbaugh. JayFerg ends up carving out 5 sacks in platoon duty and shows as our best run stopper along the edge.

Justice Hill- Hill is Warrick Dunn 2.0 and Lamar compares to Vick. That was a deadly combination then and will continue to be one now. With Hill having a different rushing style I’m sure his carries won’t much be cannibalized from Ingram and Gus. I’ll predict total 600 yds and 5 TDs.

Tracy McSorley- He’s an athlete that can throw the ball. See no reason why we wouldn’t throw him on the field on occasion just to confuse defenses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Hollywood Brown- His foot injury leaves me somewhat concerned. But I’m predicting that he builds momentum as the season progresses and turns in an 800 yds, 6 TD, 18.9 ypc season.

They say a conservative estimate is him returning by Training Camp. Let's hope that holds true.

9 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Jaylon Ferguson- What are the chances that our edge talents see no injuries? Or what’s the likelihood that Tim Williams stays completely out of Harbaugh’s doghouse? Jaylon Ferguson has the kind of playing style that reminds of Suggs what with being physical at the POA and utilizing hand fighting and bull rushes to get to the signal caller. I’m sure that’ll appeal him to Harbaugh. JayFerg ends up carving out 5 sacks in platoon duty and shows as our best run stopper along the edge.

I think it was easier for Harbaugh to put Williams in the doghouse when he had 3 starter level talents in front of him. ZDS and Suggs are gone. John legit needs him now. So I think we'll see a much more gentle hand in regards to Tim this season. 

Hopefully they actually give Ferg a shot, but I'm anticipating the typical Rookie treatment for him.

27 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Justice Hill- Hill is Warrick Dunn 2.0 and Lamar compares to Vick. That was a deadly combination then and will continue to be one now. With Hill having a different rushing style I’m sure his carries won’t much be cannibalized from Ingram and Gus. I’ll predict total 600 yds and 5 TDs.

He said he practiced returning kicks the entire time he was at OSU. Could see him carving out a role there too.

• Like 1

Predictions/anticipations for 2019 draft picks

Marquise Brown – 500 yards, 4 TD’s, will have a greater impact later in the season

Jaylon Ferguson – 30-40 percent of defensive snaps and will take the Z. Smith role and create space for other rushers. 4-5 sacks and 20-30 tackles

Miles Boykin – 300 yards, 2 TD’s, will mostly be used as a receiver when we have to run

Justice Hill – 800 combined yards from returns, receiving and running, 3 TD’s

Ben Powers – Rotational backup

Imam Marshall – IR’ed after 4th preseason game with mysterious injury he picked up out of the blue

Daylon Mack – Rotational backup

Trace McSowwy – Gimmick player and decoy with very little actual production

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danand said:

Predictions/anticipations for 2019 draft picks

Marquise Brown – 500 yards, 4 TD’s, will have a greater impact later in the season

Jaylon Ferguson – 30-40 percent of defensive snaps and will take the Z. Smith role and create space for other rushers. 4-5 sacks and 20-30 tackles

Miles Boykin – 300 yards, 2 TD’s, will mostly be used as a receiver when we have to run

Justice Hill – 800 combined yards from returns, receiving and running, 3 TD’s

Ben Powers – Rotational backup

Imam Marshall – IR’ed after 4th preseason game with mysterious injury he picked up out of the blue

Daylon Mack – Rotational backup

Trace McSowwy – Gimmick player and decoy with very little actual production

Heck I thought I was down on Brown. I honestly feel it completely healthy he’s got a skillset that combined with being a rookie that is underestimated could see him put up 1000 yards. But with his foot I figured it could reduce LJ8 ability to build as much chemistry (though Andrews missed a good bit of training camp and still went for 500 yards and is much less explosive).

It’ll be interesting to see Boykin’s impact. I definitely see him being a special teams productive player with his size and speed. But I can’t see him having a bigger impact as a rookie than Chris Moore has had at any point, especially considering who is in front of him (Moore and Snead).

Everything else I completely agree with and can see happening for sure.

Edited by diamondbull424