Cadmus Non-TMI Mock

Cadmus

42 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

He's had too many injuries (mostly surgeries on that wrist). Nice catch though. 

Not sure who you're talking about for the bold, but I'm interested. 

Thanks for the response. 

Yeah I just would have assumed the upside would have enticed somebody by now. 

Chuma in this instance. Sorry. Wasn't very clear.
Just seems that the interior is shored up right now that we can target some natural tackle prospects. You see lots of mocks with us going with guys who are better fits inside so kudos for not doing that. 

5 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I like the aggression but I’m not a fan. If Oliver fell, cool. He’s not the ideal scheme fit though.

I also in general don’t like waiting until pick 4 to address O for various reasons. The D was lower middle teir last year and we spent on it. I could see us going pass rusher early but we aren’t a complete abortion right now. The offense was middle teir and our live is aging and we have questions at playmakers. This is an offensive league (like the final 4 teams last year were top 6 Os). We need to reload a bit. We have a new offensive minded coach. It wouldn’t shock me if we go O with 3 of our top 4 picks. 

I hear you-- I guess the way I see it.. 

I think there's only a handful of offensive prospects that'll produce more than the guys on the roster.  Whereas there's a long list of guys that could contribute as rookies on the defensive side of the ball. 

Most TEs don't do jack as Rookies, and I'm of the opinion that the difference between Knox and top guys at the position isn't massive. 

At WR, I think MVS would outproduce damn near all of them, and I don't see a gaggle of WRs I like more than EQ. If someone falls to a spot of value? Sure make the selection at WR. 

At OL, I've been fairly consistent here. I think it's Dillard or bust at 12 (and I don't think he'll be the first option). After that... I think you'll get the best value for OL in the 3rd-4th rounds. Chuma has the chops to be just as good as many of the Day 1 guys... He's just short and needs an NFL S&C program. 

In terms of offense with 3 of the first 4 selections. That would shock me purely based on where the strengths of the class are. 2 out of the Top 4 to offense is a very real possibility though. We're about to find out real soon. 

Thanks for the response! 

5 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I definitely would like to see a safety and wouldn't argue against it. It will be interesting to see how the team addresses it. Reading between the lines, them not cutting Tramon makes me think a round 3/4 platoon is most likely

If it's Amani Hooker, I'll be ok with that. 

I do have to be honest with @Cadmus however. I don't think Ed Oliver is going to be a bust, I just don't think he's a good fit for us specifically. I understand the hype, just don't think he's a good fit for us specifically.

5 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Like this.   I know we signed a lot of help for the defense in FA, but I want to finish the cake by putting icing on it.

In all honesty, I don't think there is a draft pick on offense that would come in and start.  Where as on defense.....there would be immediate contributions made. 

Have to hand it to Gute-  No one has any idea which way he's going to go, he has left all options open.  We all have an opinion on what direction we'd like to see, but I don't remember it being this up in the air this close to draft for a long, long time.

That's exactly how I see it. 

I have zero issue going offense early, but it's hard to see an offense dominant draft when you look at the concentration of talent in the NFL Draft AND the roster in hand. 

JMO though. 

5 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Love the early pics and heavy on D. Make this D top 5 again please we have an all world QB we don't need more offeneisve weapons we are ok there. A top 5 D changes everything in GB and takes so much pressure off our HOF qb.

I agree. 

Thanks for the response. 

• Like 1