Would you do this trade?

Suffering_Bills

Well, guys... -Quinnen Williams is probably the top talent in this draft, and defensive tackle also happens to be probably just about our biggest need. If we target him in a trade-up, who should we negotiate with? None other than the San Francisco 49ers, since I don't think Arizona is taking him at #1 overall, but the Jets MIGHT, at #3. We'll see, of course. Here's what I'd offer: We trade our 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 7th, plus a 3rd and 6th in next year's draft to move up to #2 and select Williams. Hear me out!  Sounds like a ton to pay, right? Not really, if you look at it. In essence, it'd be only like trading a 1st and 2nd, since we have extra picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds. After the dust settles, we'd still have selections in rounds 3 through 7. We would ABSOLUTELY still have a draft, and our 1st and 2nd-rounders would also be there for us next year.

End result? Win-Win, far as I see it. The Niners get a boatload of picks to help rebuild their squad, and we get the best player in this year's crop, who also fills our biggest need. We still have a draft this year, and we haven't mortgaged our future in the 2020 draft. Anybody agree with this concept?

Edited by Suffering_Bills

No thanks i would rather take the chance on Oliver falling, taking wilkins or trading back and then trading Tampa 2 day 3 picks for Gerald McCoy. Nothing against Williams and I agree he is the best player in the draft but hes not going to be the guy who puts the bills over the top even if he does what Kyle Williams did in his career that still puts the bills in other situations and will not be able to recoup all that. Beane/McDermott are guys who are clearly building through the draft with adding some key pieces via trade or FA but all in all they want majority of the team to be drafted. Even if they have multiple picks in a round they are still losing that with this trade. Teams that give up the farm for a non qb tend to miss out on being a team that is a contender. Bills are on the cusp of being one and this would harm them more then help them in my opinion.

honestly i like the trade just not sure about the player

if we draft Quinnen WIlliams then just too much invested in that 1 position. we gave Star $10mill and Jordan Phillips $4mill and spent a 3rd round pick on Harrison Phillips

if we trade up to 2 it would have to be for a star LT(which draft has none) a star WR(again none) or a DE

SO maybe if you think Josh Allen or Bosa is that guy i would do it since next year we will literally have no DEs on the roster(Hughes FA, Murphy cut, Lonzo Alexander old)

another thing on Quinnen Williams, i was heavily into the Dareus draft and wanted anyone but him(Von Miller, Patrick Peterson, Aj Green) and im not a fan of DT from super power teams because the players around them make them look much better. Dareus was great with us but only when we had Mario Kyle and Jerry around him. thats not the kind of player you take at 2

• Like 1

lol after seeing all these rumours about giving up nxt years first to move up im all in for this trade

lets go! Quinnen Williams is ideal Bills player and i shouldnt let Dareus bring me down, the team failed dareus almost as much as he failed himself

Apparently Beane reached out to Jets as well as several teams to gauge interest of trading up or down but never led to anyone mentioning picks. Quinnen Williams had a solid season last year but that was it, 2017 he was on the bench. Eventhough he was the safest pick in the draft which the jets tend to be in that predicament alot lately (Leonard and Adams) it would have been a risky move for the bills to give up all that draft capital. Bills now have a shot at another stud player with 9 potential 1st round picks have slid to the 2nd round. Taylor a top 10 projection is still out there.