Mark Ingram - Can he replicate last year?

BayRaider

So Ingram was a solid RB2 in Fantasy last year. 1100 yards just about with a healthy amount of touchdowns. Now the Saint backfield is very crowded.. AP might take away some carries and Kamara might take away some catches. I think Ingram is still the clear cut starter who will take majority of the snaps though. I got stuck with Ingram as my RB2 in Fantasy this year. Originally I thought the backfield was too crowded but I think AP is just replacing Hightower and Kamara is a rookie who will be fighting for time/developing. I ended up with David Johnson in the 1st and then Amari at the last pick of the 2nd was too good of a value to skip, Brandin Cooks in the 3rd was too good of value to skip, and Pryor as the last pick of the 4th was almost a steal. So I ended up with Ingram as my RB2 in the 5th Round.

I really need some Saints fans perspectives on this. Nobody knows the situation better than you guys. How much of a threat are AP and Kamara? Can Ingram still get over 1000 yards and 6 Rushing Touchdowns like last year? Maybe his receiving takes a hit to 36/250/3 which is ok.

I feel like Ingram is the clear cut best RB and if it was just Kamara or just AP it'd be fine. But three is indeed a big crowd.

I think Ingram will start the season as the top RB. If he sputters and Peterson finds his stride, then you may lose any value Ingram had. 

If Kamara is able to replicate what he's done in preseason, NO RB on the Saints will have fantasy value. Payton won't be able to get enough touches for any of them to produce. 

On 8/31/2017 at 11:47 AM, domepatrol91 said:

If Peterson gets hot they'll turn him into a workhorse and keep Ingram fresh and efficient.

If Peterson fizzles I think Ingram becomes the workhorse and a solid RB2 in fantasy.

This is exactly it. We have a future HOF RB in Peterson. If he is able to replicate anything near what made him so special in Minnesota with us then Ingram is going to simply see a drop in numbers. If Peterson struggles then Ingram/Kamara should see quite a few carries. Regardless early in the season it likely going to be quite a bit of split carries until someone separates themselves. With Kamara looking great in the preseason it is very possible that we just go ahead with a committee approach which could mean we have a terrific run game, but for fantasy purposes one that is a major headache for fantasy owners each week as it could be any of the 3 breaking out each week.

Archived