2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Im disappointed with all the picks but not flabbergasted like I was last year with the great trio of Kolton Miller/PJ Hall/Brandon Parker.

The real issue is that year after year we have no idea how to work the draft board.  

We lock onto players and positions then freak out and pick them regardless of the value.  We clearly wanted Ferrell but we likely could've gotten him 10 picks later and just took him at 4 anyways.  We clearly locked onto Jacobs but instead of taking the better value of Sweat at 24 and waiting on Jacobs until 27 we freak out and draft Jacobs at 24 and lose out on Sweat.  My issue isn't even with talent evaluation as I think Mayock knows how to evaluate talent but we have no idea how to use the draft board and find value. Ugh.

So whose trade offer did we turn down? I'm tired of guys just assuming we could have traded at all. 

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

You tell me who those better options were that you wanted then lets see how they perform during the season easy.

Ok, so when Oliver and Allen are making ProBowls and being the game changers they have a history of being, Montez Sweat is running down Mahomes, other DB's like Baker and Rapp are outshining Abram's somewhat limited skill set, and we miss out on guys taken in the 2nd and 3rd that we could have collected picks for by trading down and holding off on Jacobs and Abram, I'll make sure to pack you an extra set of panties since your's are clearly pre-soiled. SMH. 

Just now, true2form said:

So whose trade offer did we turn down? I'm tired of guys just assuming we could have traded at all. 

If we were trading down to 13 to draft Ferrell in our internal mocks I would guess he probably wasnt top 5 on our vertical board.

The best example is probably what we did at 24 and 27.  If you believe Rappaport, we were going to draft Sweat at 27 before Washington jumped us.  We very likely could drafted Sweat at 24 and then Jacobs at 27.  It seems clear that we're locked in on positions at each spot instead of taking the value that falls.  

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ok, so when Oliver and Allen are making ProBowls and being the game changers they have a history of being, Montez Sweat is running down Mahomes, other DB's like Baker and Rapp are outshining Abram's somewhat limited skill set, and we miss out on guys taken in the 2nd and 3rd that we could have collected picks for by trading down and holding off on Jacobs and Abram, I'll make sure to pack you an extra set of panties since your's are clearly pre-soiled. SMH. 

Nope tell me who you would have taken at 4 Oliver or Allen and so on, you don't get multiple bites at the apple.

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Lol he’s a fantasy analytics type guy hes been a big gruden detractor I respect his opinion fwiw but he’s not the be all end all as well 

Was just doing my best Bill Tobin vs Mel Kiper impression lol

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Nope tell me who you would have taken at 4 Oliver or Allen and so on, you don't get multiple bites at the apple.

Do you math bro?

Oliver OR Allen could have been had. Oliver AND Allen can make multipe ProBowls. B

That's a single bite. But when there are MULTIPLE players available, yes, I can take multiple bites. 

You're not very good at this and should probably quit. 

5 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

If we were trading down to 13 to draft Ferrell in our internal mocks I would guess he probably wasnt top 5 on our vertical board.

The best example is probably what we did at 24 and 27.  If you believe Rappaport, we were going to draft Sweat at 27 before Washington jumped us.  We very likely could drafted Sweat at 24 and then Jacobs at 27.  It seems clear that we're locked in on positions at each spot instead of taking the value that falls.  

If

Archived