ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK: 2019 NFL Draft- Spoiler Edition

Scoundrel

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

2019 Spoiler: @Counselor's dream-based pick prediction method sucks.

I dreamt about Sutton after night one last year. But I couldn’t tell when I woke up if he was playing for the Seahawks against us or he was on our team beating the Seahawks. It wasn’t clear enough for me to post but he was the only player I dreamt about. And what do you know... we picked him that very next day!

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I dreamt about Sutton after night one last year. But I couldn’t tell when I woke up if he was playing for the Seahawks against us or he was on our team beating the Seahawks. It wasn’t clear enough for me to post but he was the only player I dreamt about. And what do you know... we picked him that very next day!

So maybe Will Grier will be on a team that plays against us this year......

The Raiders had Haskins in for a workout last week, then sent their scouts home so their pick wouldn't be leaked. This could be pointing to the raiders taking Haskins at 4. IF the raiders take Haskins at 4, I think the Giants panic and take lock at 6 and the Redskins trade ahead of Denver (likely with Det) for Daniel Jones. In this scenario the top 9 would go something like:

1) Murray

2) Bosa

3) Allen

4) Haskins

5) Q. Williams (I know TB has been linked to White but I dont see them passing up Quinnen Williams)

6) Lock

7) Hockenson

8) Jones

9) J. Williams

Who would you take at 10? Ed Oliver? D. White? D. Bush?

Just now, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

The Raiders had Haskins in for a workout last week, then sent their scouts home so their pick wouldn't be leaked. This could be pointing to the raiders taking Haskins at 4. IF the raiders take Haskins at 4, I think the Giants panic and take lock at 6 and the Redskins trade ahead of Denver (likely with Det) for Daniel Jones. In this scenario the top 9 would go something like:

1) Murray

2) Bosa

3) Allen

4) Haskins

5) Q. Williams (I know TB has been linked to White but I dont see them passing up Quinnen Williams)

6) Lock

7) Hockenson

8) Jones

9) J. Williams

Who would you take at 10? Ed Oliver? D. White? D. Bush?

I love Ed Oliver but not sure about scheme fit. I’m honestly torn on White and Bush. Bush might have an earlier impact due to processing. But I’ve heard White is a culture changer and that is what I would want in the locker room.

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I love Ed Oliver but not sure about scheme fit. I’m honestly torn on White and Bush. Bush might have an earlier impact due to processing. But I’ve heard White is a culture changer and that is what I would want in the locker room.

The tiebreaker is who is the most explosive guy between the 2?   A long time ago I defended going with Marshall over Trevathan in who we retained, and had he kept his hammy/knees, I think it would have worked out.  But speed /explosion is such a necessary component in today's NFL if we want a 3-down ILB.  And a Day 1 pick has to be a 3-down, elite ILB for the position.  Obviously if White was a moron, that would factor in, but processing wise he seems to be really good there.

If the speed/explosion is similar, then yeah, give me the read/react guy who's better there.  But if White is able to be a half-step quicker into the hole/chase mode, then that's good for me. Today's NFL requires it.

Oliver's a tough one, because he's not a classic 3-4 guy.  But we are using more and more 4-3 into our schemes anyways, and with nickel, it's becoming more moot.  I think fit matters more when a guy is undersized or too slow - Oliver won't be in that category.   The only issue IMO is year 1 impact / need isn't met - but I'm totally fine with it.  We need more elite/game-changer type guys, they are hard to find.  Oliver fits.  No problem if we get him at 1.10 IMO.

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The tiebreaker is who is the most explosive guy between the 2?   A long time ago I defended going with Marshall over Trevathan in who we retained, and had he kept his hammy/knees, I think it would have worked out.  But speed /explosion is such a necessary component in today's NFL if we want a 3-down ILB.  And a Day 1 pick has to be a 3-down, elite ILB for the position.  Obviously if White was a moron, that would factor in, but processing wise he seems to be really good there.

If the speed/explosion is similar, then yeah, give me the read/react guy who's better there.  But if White is able to be a half-step quicker into the hole/chase mode, then that's good for me. Today's NFL requires it.

Bush fills faster. And is technically more explosive. Better vert, broad, 3 cone. .01 slower in the 40