Eagles resign DT Jernigan (1 year)

Danger

Just gotta hope Simmons can slip into the second round. I still think they take a DT. They’re still going to need a third DT in 2020, why not take one this year in a deep class. 

OL or DE in the first this year. I don’t believe in the Hollywood Brown talk at all. Can’t see them investing even more into the WR corps. It’s already insane. Unless it’s a quick turn around with an Agholor trade. But can’t see a team taking on that contract. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Just gotta hope Simmons can slip into the second round. I still think they take a DT. They’re still going to need a third DT in 2020, why not take one this year in a deep class. 

OL or DE in the first this year. I don’t believe in the Hollywood Brown talk at all. Can’t see them investing even more into the WR corps. It’s already insane. Unless it’s a quick turn around with an Agholor trade. But can’t see a team taking on that contract. 

If he is there at 25, I'd take him and wouldn't think twice.

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Feel good about Simmons now if we'd take him. Before this, meh. Have to think Jernigan's back is fine. Nice rotation, regardless of what we do in the draft now.

If Timmy's back was fine,  he'd have gotten more offers

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If he is there at 25, I'd take him and wouldn't think twice.

Think Howie can trade down and pick up a 3rd and still get him. We’ll see how the board goes. A lot of good DTs will be available in the late 1st. Surely one or two will slip into the early-mid 2nd. 

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Think Howie can trade down and pick up a 3rd and still get him. We’ll see how the board goes. A lot of good DTs will be available in the late 1st. Surely one or two will slip into the early-mid 2nd. 

There are 5 potential 1st round DTs, Lawrence I'm not keen on until the 2nd, if that means trading down then maybe.

QWill
Oliver
Wilkins
Simmons
Tillery
--
Lawrence

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I'm expecting Lindstrom or Risner or Brown...yuck. 

getting ready for the brown out. Glad I took tomorrow off. 

I would be good with Lindstrom or Risner. Particularly after a small trade back (picking up a third or early fourth).

Brown I am less enamoured with. Mostly because I feel you can get a talented, versatile, speed guy in the second or third who is not coming off a leg injury and is bigger and taller.

I am in the camp that thinks this signing actually makes Simmons an even more viable option. The guy is talented and I had him as my #2 DT before the injury.