What are some of NFL's longest unresolved mysteries?

TecmoSuperJoe

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its only the dumbest think every because your a Pats apologist. What the hell is a monetary fine to a football team/owner worth multi-billions. They had multiple seperate incidents, some of the shadiest in NFL history, were repeat offenders and were given the financial equivalent of a speeding ticket to Robert Kraft. BB was fined $500k and Kraft was fined $250k. They fined a guy with the net worth of 6.6 BILLION only 250k. That is like making somebody who makes 50k per year pay a $25 late fee for not paying rent on time.

It was the highest find ever at the time AND they lost a first round draft pick 

But since they had multiple “incidents” why don’t you start listing them so I can start dismantling your foolishness 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It was the highest find ever at the time AND they lost a first round draft pick 

But since they had multiple “incidents” why don’t you start listing them so I can start dismantling your foolishness 

I wouldn't breathe life into it Lancer. It's all he has, let him and laugh

Why did former linebacker Matt Millen have such a fetish for wide receivers?

Also, did it become common practice for players in the Jets/Bills locker room to indiscriminately cover their feet whenever Rex Ryan came in so that they didn't feel objectified?

Did Truckstop Jimmy actually take advice from a homeless man with Manziel?

WHO floated the Dan Marino drug story to force him to drop in the '83 draft?

Why is Troy Aikman allowed to broadcast, let alone Joe Buck...let alone together...let alone the FOX game of the week?

Why was Dave Gettleman fired right before training camp? 

Looking back, there’s a lot of really bad moves he made that would have probably gotten him fired eventually.  But at the same time, it was so random and there was never an explanation given considering we were just a year removed from the Super Bowl (15-1 in 2015 which followed playoff appearances in 2013 and 2014, fired 2016).  And why the timing? 

JR never explained why.  Gettleman has never explained why to my knowledge.  There’s speculation that it is because ex-players hated him (Smith, Williams, Norman) and that he rubbed people the wrong way, plus there was doubt he would extend Davis and Olsen.  Which makes sense, but has any GM been fired before solely because people hated his guts?

Now that I think about it, his treatment of Beckham is similar to how he treated Smith on his way out in that he lied to them and didn’t tell them personally that he was going to move on from them.

Edited by iknowcool

On 4/26/2019 at 12:32 PM, y*so*blu said:

How Jeff Fisher continued to secure head coaching jobs.

Because he did one hell of a job getting everything he could out of a Titans team that was seriously lacking in talent. 

Next! 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:42 PM, areksoo said:

What about the other Manning?

HGH was delivered to Peyton's home and everyone just buys the excuse that it was for his wife.  If that was Brady, he would have been run out of the league. Instead the story gets completely buried... much like his harassment charges in college.  Buried... and then buried again after Peyton mentioned it in his book.

Whoever that family has working for them in PR is doing a fantastic job.

lol

First off, I think Brady could run a crack ring and not get run out of the league. People are lining up by the boatloads to lick his jockstrap. Hell he was caught cheating - twice - and nobody cares or think that matters in his "greatness evaluation." I guess they think Barry Bonds is the greatest hitter ever too. 

As for Manning, IIRC it was all heresay and accusations with no substance behind them. I'm not saying he's an angel, but IMO if someone can't back things like that up they are just meaningless hot air and should shut up.

Onto my mystery, although not sure this really counts....

Why did Heath Shuler stink? He had great football smarts, savvy, a good arm etc. No he wasn't super athletic, but not bad either; certainly guys with as much or less pure physical talent did well.  ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bomont said:

Why did Heath Shuler stink? He had great football smarts, savvy, a good arm etc. No he wasn't super athletic, but not bad either; certainly guys with as much or less pure physical talent did well.  ??

From watching some interviews he gave (for the NFL Top 10 Bust show), it seems to me that he wasn't very mentally tough or mature. He would ask the coaches why the fans didn't like him (he basically said that he never met people that hated him until he got to Washington).