Jump to content
Danger

2020 Prospects and beyond

Recommended Posts

Since tonight we're getting into the meat of the 2019 class, and I didn't know where else to put my little nugget of info:

RS Freshman DE Jayson Oweh reportedly ran a 4.33 40 yard dash, for someone at 6'5 250, presumably he can add a bit of weight. That's nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danger said:

Since tonight we're getting into the meat of the 2019 class, and I didn't know where else to put my little nugget of info:

RS Freshman DE Jayson Oweh reportedly ran a 4.33 40 yard dash, for someone at 6'5 250, presumably he can add a bit of weight. That's nuts.

4.33? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

4.33? lol

Penn State reported Saquon's time as 4.33 as well during off season testing if I recall. Turned out to be a 4.40 at the combine, so either way the dude is a freakshow.

People discredited Gary's 4.57 a year or so ago. 4.58 at the combine. So who knows. Either way, even if they're .2 seconds off a 4.53 at that size is still movin'. 

I remember him as a recruit being raw as hell but Ohio State wanted him pretty badly. 

 

Edited by BRANDON26841X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Penn State reported Saquon's time as 4.33 as well during off season testing if I recall. Turned out to be a 4.40 at the combine, so either way the dude is a freakshow.

SaQuon ran a 4.40 at the combine, but he stumbled when he ran a 4.40. 4.33 was absolutely realistic for Barkley.

Oweh and Tyreke Smith were both going to Penn State or Ohio State, and they weren't both going the same place. Both are great talents.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Danger said:

SaQuon ran a 4.40 at the combine, but he stumbled when he ran a 4.40. 4.33 was absolutely realistic for Barkley.

Oweh and Tyreke Smith were both going to Penn State or Ohio State, and they weren't both going the same place. Both are great talents.

4.33 isn't realistic at all for a DE. if he runs 4.5 flat I'll be impressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if he doesn't run a 4.3X. 4.4X is very easily obtainable for him even after putting on some weight. DLineman in general are gradually getting quicker over the past couple of years, it's the position that physically is evolving the quickest right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a very impressive time but until he actually does something on the field it is basically meaningless.  Very impressive for that size to run that well but if any position does not really need it DL might be one of them.  Maybe if he was a 3/4 OLB type put into coverage that would be more impressive but if he is a down DE how fast you can run untouched does not matter as much.  He will be one to watch next season, will see if he can do anything with that speed which is probably exaggerated anyway.   I kind of doubt he ran a true 4.33...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is a very impressive time but until he actually does something on the field it is basically meaningless.  Very impressive for that size to run that well but if any position does not really need it DL might be one of them.  Maybe if he was a 3/4 OLB type put into coverage that would be more impressive but if he is a down DE how fast you can run untouched does not matter as much.  He will be one to watch next season, will see if he can do anything with that speed which is probably exaggerated anyway.   I kind of doubt he ran a true 4.33...

In his RS FR season, he's looking to be a pass rushing specialist. Probably a down lineman, but I think at the next level from everything I've seen he could certainly play 3-4 OLB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SBLIII said:

4.33 isn't realistic at all for a DE. if he runs 4.5 flat I'll be impressed

Sweat just ran 4.41 this year, while crazy, def not impossible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthony Macfarland will blow it up this year. The next Percy Harvin (in a good way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 5 QBs go in the first next year and 4 QBs go in the Top 10 which will probably be Tua, Eason, Herbert, and Fromm in no specific order. Think Eason wins the Heisman this year personally. 

If I had to predict the teams replacing their QBs I’d say Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins (Rosen sucks again), and maybe the Titans with a trade up (could be a playoff team but bad QB play). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 8:50 PM, Abe56 said:

Sweat just ran 4.41 this year, while crazy, def not impossible

I still can't believe that. He doesn't play to this speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×