2022 Prospects and beyond

Danger

10 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Sorry for the late response!

I was high on Amon-Ra St. Brown during the recruiting process. The kid is a stud. Elite athleticism and great production for a true freshman at SC. He'll emerge as a top-20 prospect for the 2021 draft.

As for JT Daniels, he wasn't dominant as a freshman. He was still good and flashed, but I still think he's putting it all together. He has the arm talent, and it's not unreasonable to suggest he plays himself into early round consideration, considering he goes to USC, was highly recruited, played as a true freshman, showed promise, and should continue to develop since he's still so young. 

Amon-Ra St. Brown = Golden Tate

Good NFL prospect but not that special. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 8:47 AM, Danger said:

I've heard about Jeudy, whom from all the estimated size/speed numbers doesn't stand out, but hear that he's still a top tier guy. Who are the other guys to look out for?

What speed numbers are you looking at?  Jeudy is filthy.  Would honestly tank this season for him.

JerryJeudyDig.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've heard Jeudy projected at low 4.5

He ran a low 4.5 at Alabama's Pro Day. The dude is so smooth that it really doesn't matter. He lacks top end speed, but he hits his max speed so quickly that he's going to feast upon build-up speed CB's. He really is special even if his speed times don't reflect it. I'd bet his 3-cone and shuttle times are phenomenal, as his 10/20 yard splits probably will be.

Oh, and he's an extremely nuanced route runner, he'll block out on the perimeter, has great hands, and can RAC. He's darn near flawless from a technical standpoint and at doing the little things. I'd compare him to Jerry Rice honestly. And I know comparing a college kid to the GOAT is ridiculous, but he has that kind of a skill set. If anyone should draw that kind of a comparison, I'm fine giving it to Jeudy. Just good at everything despite not being a Randy Moss freak of nature.

HOT TAKE ALERT: Plus I don't think his QB is that good. There, I said it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He ran a low 4.5 at Alabama's Pro Day. The dude is so smooth that it really doesn't matter. He lacks top end speed, but he hits his max speed so quickly that he's going to feast upon build-up speed CB's. He really is special even if his speed times don't reflect it. I'd bet his 3-cone and shuttle times are phenomenal, as his 10/20 yard splits probably will be.

Oh, and he's an extremely nuanced route runner, he'll block out on the perimeter, has great hands, and can RAC. He's darn near flawless from a technical standpoint and at doing the little things. I'd compare him to Jerry Rice honestly. And I know comparing a college kid to the GOAT is ridiculous, but he has that kind of a skill set. If anyone should draw that kind of a comparison, I'm fine giving it to Jeudy. Just good at everything despite not being a Randy Moss freak of nature.

HOT TAKE ALERT: Plus I don't think his QB is that good. There, I said it.

Why don't you like Tua. As long as he's healthy, I think he's a tier in his own for QBs for 2020 draft, much better than Frohm and Herbert who I think are both overrated. 

39 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Why don't you like Tua. As long as he's healthy, I think he's a tier in his own for QBs for 2020 draft, much better than Frohm and Herbert who I think are both overrated. 

He makes really poor decisions under pressure. Holds onto the ball too long, tries to create fantastical plays against pass rush instead of making the safe play, and is playing with ELITE talent all over the place. That's making him look much better than he is. Plus Alabama plays against absolute trash cans 95% of the time. I don't think he's terrible, but he just doesn't strike me as someone worth tanking your season for.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 4:45 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

How did he run a 4.63 at 236 lbs in HS and now is running a 4.33 at 250 lbs like a year and a half later?

I mean guys do get faster in college while gaining weight, but to drop down to 3 tenths of a second sounds a little far fetched.

I mean, Saquon ran a 4.63 at The Opening at ~190 lbs and two years later was clocked in the 4.3s at 225+, before running a 4.40 flat while stumbling at the combine at 233 lbs.

The 4.33 number is most likely a bit inflated (probably was the quickest hand time when he tested), but the dude’s a blazer. And we’ve seen PSU times be pretty close to dead on at the combine. Heck, guys like Chris Godwin ran even faster than originally thought by a good bit. Oh and that Troy Apke guy that made Deion Sanders almost faint.

As for the class as a whole, I absolutely love the WRs. I feel like the last few classes have really lacked that premier talent and now we’ve got 4-5 top 12 type WR prospects in 2020.

Edited by BigD88

I still think Tua is the best in this class & that won’t change.

I get the Herbert praise, but Fromm is just “ugh” in every sense of the word. If he played against every team like he plays against Alabama(first 3 quarters) I would be a believer.

13 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

I still think Tua is the best in this class & that won’t change.

I get the Herbert praise, but Fromm is just “ugh” in every sense of the word. If he played against every team like he plays against Alabama(first 3 quarters) I would be a believer.

Certainly would not surprise me if Fromm were a day 2 pick in this draft.

That said, Herbert >>> Tua for me.