2022 Prospects and beyond

Danger

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I feel like people hate Fromm because he's boring. But the dude is elite at processing the game in front of him and making the right decisions. There is a 0% chance he gets drafted in the 2nd round unless he completely falls apart this year. 

Fromm is the type of person that people will be excited about when they're trying to advertise a wealth of first-round caliber QBs for this draft (until a good chunk of "potential first-rounders" ruin their standing with poor play) and then a lot of us will sour on him. We'll say elite field vision or the ability to work through progressions. Then we'll say that his vision actually isn't that good. We'll say he has good enough arm strength and is a good decision maker. We'll make excuses about his stats because he doesn't play in a program that airs it out a lot. We'll talk about how he didn't dominate despite a strong supporting cast. We'll say good things and bad things, and then when the draft process comes around, a lot of us will sour on him and say that he's a reach at number 6 overall and that the team that drafted him could have gotten him at number 17, and he's a day 2 - no, a day 3! - prospect. Even though we were hyping him up all along.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Fromm is the type of person that people will be excited about when they're trying to advertise a wealth of first-round caliber QBs for this draft (until a good chunk of "potential first-rounders" ruin their standing with poor play) and then a lot of us will sour on him. We'll say elite field vision or the ability to work through progressions. Then we'll say that his vision actually isn't that good. We'll say he has good enough arm strength and is a good decision maker. We'll make excuses about his stats because he doesn't play in a program that airs it out a lot. We'll talk about how he didn't dominate despite a strong supporting cast. We'll say good things and bad things, and then when the draft process comes around, a lot of us will sour on him and say that he's a reach at number 6 overall and that the team that drafted him could have gotten him at number 17, and he's a day 2 - no, a day 3! - prospect. Even though we were hyping him up all along.

All I'm saying is, I could definitely see him falling into the 2nd round. He isn't an Elite prospect, probably shouldn't be drafted top 5, and I can definitely see him dropping, but how far, who knows?

He's certainly better than Daniel Jones xD

Fromm is a guy that managed Georgia to the national championship behind two elite RBs & a fantastic defense & people think he’s great because of it. At least that’s what I think.

I’m convinced if you put Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron, or Zach Mettenberger behind these last 2 UGA teams, nothing changes.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I feel like people hate Fromm because he's boring. But the dude is elite at processing the game in front of him and making the right decisions. There is a 0% chance he gets drafted in the 2nd round unless he completely falls apart this year. 

Elite is exactly the word I'd use to describe his traits in this respect - and if mentored by the right coaching staff, he could be a monster at the next level. This and his unflappable nature - the pressure of the situation doesn't really get to him.

His athletic traits are passable for the most part, but he's got gifts that can't be taught or learned. 

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

but he's got gifts that can't be taught or learned. 

I've seen this phrase so much and it's very overused. 

Ability to make reads, and accuracy are ABSOLUTELY teachable. Stop with this notion please. You can train and become more athletic. The only thing that absolutely 100% can not be taught/learned is size. Speed is teachable to a degree. 

Edited by Danger

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've seen this phrase so much and it's very overused. 

Ability to make reads, and accuracy are ABSOLUTELY teachable. Stop with this notion please. You can train and become more athletic. The only thing that absolutely 100% can not be taught/learned is size. Speed is teachable to a degree. 

I disagree with this - I think it's a subtle difference, but it can be schemed to where a player has easier reads to make and schemed to create throwing lanes to take advantage of. You'll need a great mind behind the scenes to get it to work as intended, and it would look like it's an improvement on those traits, but it can be deconstructed from that perspective.

I don't think it's an inherant thing you can work on, but that's just me.

19 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Fromm is a guy that managed Georgia to the national championship behind two elite RBs & a fantastic defense & people think he’s great because of it. At least that’s what I think.

I’m convinced if you put Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron, or Zach Mettenberger behind these last 2 UGA teams, nothing changes.

Add a really good offensive line and a really good defense

As far as prospects, I like a few FCS players.

Nick Wheeler DE/DT Colgate

Ron'Dell Carter DE/DT James Madison

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lookout for TE Pat Freiermuth in 2021. He had 8 TDs as a Freshman here at Penn State and was a Freshman All-American. He didn't get to work with the starters until about a 3rd of the way into the season. He also is much more complete than our previous TE, Mike Gesicki who went around 40th to the Dolphins in 2018.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Lookout for TE Pat Freiermuth in 2021. He had 8 TDs as a Freshman here at Penn State and was a Freshman All-American. He didn't get to work with the starters until about a 3rd of the way into the season. He also is much more complete than our previous TE, Mike Gesicki who went around 40th to the Dolphins in 2018.

Haha, I posted about him in the 2021 thread right before you posted about him here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bananabucket said:

You guys think Rondale Moore will be a top 15 pick in 2021?

As a Purdue alum it's impossible to view him unbiasedly.  I might do something dumb and call him the Saquon Barkley of WRs. 

yes

On 5/31/2019 at 9:14 AM, Danger said:

He spent a year in prep school, so for 2020 he could possibly be eligible despite being only a 2nd year sophomore. 

• 7 months later...