Jump to content
Danger

2022 Prospects and beyond

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Penei Sewell:

“"If he were draft-eligible this year, he'd most certainly be a top-five lock. Sewell is the only offensive lineman to produce a PFF pass-blocking and run-blocking grade above 90.0 and one of the best players returning to college football, regardless of position.”

Yeah he will be up there next year. Probably Lawrence and Fields and then him obviously depending on who picks where. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Penei Sewell:

“"If he were draft-eligible this year, he'd most certainly be a top-five lock. Sewell is the only offensive lineman to produce a PFF pass-blocking and run-blocking grade above 90.0 and one of the best players returning to college football, regardless of position.”

SillyEveryKillerwhale-small.gif

Anyone paying attention knows that, by the way next year I have five Oregon Ducks in my top 64.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how's the 2021 QB class looking like outside of Trevor? potential to be a good class?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, August4th said:

how's the 2021 QB class looking like outside of Trevor? potential to be a good class?

Trevor is obviously a stud prospect.

Justin Fields looks like a really nice prospect with an extremely high athletic ceiling. He did an amazing job of protecting the football this past year and finished like second in Heisman voting.

Jamie Newman turned heads as a legit pro prospect this year, and definitely could have been a riser during the draft process to get drafted on Day 2, or even surprise many and go on Day 1 like Daniel Jones or Josh Allen have in the past. He went to Georgia, and he's really going to turn himself into a first-round prospect if he can continue to develop. He'll immediately be able to help his stock by taking the athletic training wheels off the Georgia offense, similar to what Dwayne Haskins did after JT Barrett's Ohio State career.

Kellen Mond has a good shot at being the SEC's top QB this year. He has really grown and developed under Jimbo Fisher, and if that continues, I could see him being a late first-rounder. His accuracy is occasionally scatter-shot, but the missed throw numbers have dropped each year and there's no reason to think that won't continue. He really wowed me at times this year, and I think he stands a good shot at turning into a Dak Prescott-type QB for the NFL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyler Linderbaum OC for Iowa will be a RS Sophmore next year. Will be able to declare after next year. Next year will be his 2nd year playing Center. He's super good. You'll pickup on it if you watch Wirfs tape in the next couple months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Justyn Ross is gonna be better than Tee Higgins. 
 

Miami TE Brevin Jordan is a superstar. Think Jordan Reed in his prime. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/NFL-Draft-Combine-Yetur-Gross-Matos-talks-Jayson-Oweh-Penn-State-defensive-end-144370190/

Quote

Gross-Matos is expected to impress during athletic testing in Indianapolis, where he has an opportunity to solidify himself among the premier edge rusher prospects. He pointed to Jayson Oweh — a redshirt sophomore competing to replace him in the Nittany Lions' starting lineup — as someone who could eventually create a spectacle for NFL scouts.

"I think I'm pretty fast," Gross-Matos told Chase Goodbread of NFL.com. "I ran against him and I got smoked."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ray Ray Jones is going to be a top 10 pick, he has mad skills and is only getting better. Oh and don’t leave out Bobby Boucher, he’s a sleeper but definitely has the fight in him.

Edited by badgers0821

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 9:37 PM, HoboRocket said:

Kellen Mond has a good shot at being the SEC's top QB this year. He has really grown and developed under Jimbo Fisher, and if that continues, I could see him being a late first-rounder. His accuracy is occasionally scatter-shot, but the missed throw numbers have dropped each year and there's no reason to think that won't continue. He really wowed me at times this year, and I think he stands a good shot at turning into a Dak Prescott-type QB for the NFL.

Aggie here - Kellen Mond regressed this year. Like big. Last year he was carving people up and he was playing ridiculously well whilst this year he faltered against better competition and wasn't really that clutch, buffed his stats up against teams like Incarnate Word and UTSA, I thought too that by 2021 he was going to be atleast a round two prospect but now I see him as more of a Will Gier situation "oh yeah we'll draft him, maybe we'll develop him, maybe he's our future, who knows, atleast he has a job right?"

Edited by Drained

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Micah Parsons is surely going to be the one every one has their eye on this year for Penn State's LBers, but his opposite, True Sophomore Brandon Smith (a former 5-star recruit himself) is getting nice praise from LaVar Arrington.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Oregon will follow Sewell being the #1 pick with Kayvon Thibodeaux going #1 in 2022. ;)

Nah

 

Derek Stingley Jr or Kedon Slovis could beat him out for that spot.  He will have a chance to be top 5 though.  If Gregory Rousseau and Christian Barmore do not come out early as a RS SOPH they will be in the mix and Rousseau is better than Thibodeaux as of right now.  Will be curious what happens with underclassmen in 2021 for the draft if there is no college football season.  Maybe their will not be a draft either, who knows. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nah

 

Derek Stingley Jr or Kedon Slovis could beat him out for that spot.  He will have a chance to be top 5 though.  If Gregory Rousseau and Christian Barmore do not come out early as a RS SOPH they will be in the mix and Rousseau is better than Thibodeaux as of right now.  Will be curious what happens with underclassmen in 2021 for the draft if there is no college football season.  Maybe their will not be a draft either, who knows. 

As good as Stingley is, I don’t see a CB going #1 overall. Slovis, maybe. Don’t know if he had the physical tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...