What do you want to happen this weekend?

brownie man

not this!

NCAA%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
JEFFERY SIMMONSDL, COLLEGE PLAYER
14008.jpg

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns could trade back into the first round if Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons falls.

It is our second Simmons blurb in two hours. The Miami Herald believes the Dolphins could trade down from No. 13 with a Simmons pick in mind. Simmons is recovering from a torn ACL and has a disturbing off-the-field incident in his past. Browns GM John Dorsey rather infamously pays little attention to such matters.

4 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

not this!

14008.jpg

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns could trade back into the first round if Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons falls.

It is our second Simmons blurb in two hours. The Miami Herald believes the Dolphins could trade down from No. 13 with a Simmons pick in mind. Simmons is recovering from a torn ACL and has a disturbing off-the-field incident in his past. Browns GM John Dorsey rather infamously pays little attention to such matters.

I really don’t like the idea of taking a guy to redshirt him. I’m torn because I love Simmons but it’ll take most of our draft capital to move up to get a player that won’t even play this year.

10 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

not this!

14008.jpg

I have been predicting that he is ours if he falls for weeks now.

regarding what I want, i just want is to get better, for this year and fir the future. 

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I have been predicting that he is ours if he falls for weeks now.

regarding what I want, i just want is to get better, for this year and fir the future. 

Same, just improve the team. That means keeping Duke, Randall, Schobert and any other player expected to contribute. Maybe they won't be here in the future and maybe we only get comp picks instead of a 2nd/3rd/move up but we aren't at the point where we can trade talent thinking about the future cap, we have to see what we have first.

As far as the draft, haven't done the research. Likely a build the depth draft and hopefully one or more become future starters.

2 hours ago, Horseunit said:

I've heard that we packaging a deal with schobert, calloway and duke to move up to 8.  Dont know how true that is.  

1 hour ago, Powertower said:

I've heard that we packaging a deal with schobert, calloway and duke to move up to 8.  Dont know how true that is.  

Lets call that a no now :-)  thank goodness.  I would not want to give up that much, as much as I want a pick.

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Dorsey's head on a pike, the walking dead style!  I want a round 1 pick!

Just kidding, we should get a good DB at 49.  Metcalf may be there but I don't see any scenario in which we draft him.

I think we could easily draft DK. In theory we still need a legit #2 WR to complement OBJ #1 and Landry Slot. That could probably be Callaway, but I could see us going all KC Chiefs and giving Baker a literal endless amount of playmakers. 

• Like 1