Josh Rosen Where Would He Be Drafted Today & Why Isn't He Worth a First Rounder if Traded?

PeachesBackwards

18 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Jets had 4/5 starters injured as well. And Larry Fitz is still better than anything we had. We once started Rishard Matthews and Andre Roberts at WR because that's how little we had to work with.

I don't think you've seen Larry Fitzgerald lately. And before you say it - yes I have seen Rishard Matthews and Andre Roberts. 

But you're forgetting your #1, who did miss some games, but was available for the majority of the season...

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like RGIII trying to duck out of the way of the giant man who crumpled his leg?

Sometimes, believe it or not, even when you try to avoid contact you still get hit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TdWVS-ZxQc

He didn't even attempt to slide and he was notorious for that.

Was this a necessary hit to take? Why slide behind the LOS when you can throw it away? He was trying to make a play and paid the price for it because he's not an instinctive athlete the way Kyler is (not everyone can get drafted in the 1st round in two sports). Be honest, RG3 was bad at avoiding contact.

Believe it or not, some players are better at certain things than others, and Kyler happens to be better at almost all of them compared to Rosen. Film agrees, college resume agrees, skill set agrees, PFF even agrees if you care for that at all, and today the Cardinals and the rest of the NFL will agree when Kyler goes #1 and Rosen gets shipped out for pennies on the dollar. 

I rest my case, and I am leaving this debate to watch the draft.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TdWVS-ZxQc

He didn't even attempt to slide and he was notorious for that.

Was this a necessary hit to take? Why slide behind the LOS when you can throw it away? He was trying to make a play and paid the price for it because he's not an instinctive athlete the way Kyler is (not everyone can get drafted in the 1st round in two sports). Be honest, RG3 was bad at avoiding contact.

Believe it or not, some players are better at certain things than others, and Kyler happens to be better at almost all of them compared to Rosen. Film agrees, college resume agrees, skill set agrees, PFF even agrees if you care for that at all, and today the Cardinals and the rest of the NFL will agree when Kyler goes #1 and Rosen gets shipped out for pennies on the dollar. 

I rest my case, and I am leaving this debate to watch the draft.

Enjoy!  This has been a hoot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeachesBackwards said:

First off, I admit I hate Josh Rosen. To me he's an arrogant, spoiled overrated QB. Having said that,  where would he be ranked if he were eligible to be drafted today? Also how did he go from being a #10 first round pick to someone who is not worth a first round pick if traded today? Note he may be traded after I have posted this.

So....he's the stereotypical NFL player?

Anyways, judging by this year's class, it really depends. Nobody particularly stands out outside of the 1 year wonder. Hindsight is 20/20, but lets not forget that the scouting community was pretty high on Rosen for a long time. 

I'd say he'd probably slot in as the 2nd QB taken after Murray, who I see as a bust waiting to happen, and probably wind up being taken in the 10-15 range. 

He went from the 10th overall pick to "someone who is not worth a first round pick" because the organization he plays for hired a coach with a very specific offense requiring a vastly different type of QB than Rosen is, and the rest of the NFL knows it. Even with the smokescreens, I have no doubt that the Chargers, Redskins, Dolphins, or Giants would absolutely love to have him. But the rest of the NFL holds the cards here, not the Cardinals. No team in their right mind would ship a 1st rounder for a 2nd year player, especially when they know that his current team is practically desperate to trade him. If the Cardinals were smart, they would have never said anything about trading him and put all the focus on taking Williams or Bosa @ 1 overall and waited until the day of the draft to even start making calls or entertaining them. It isn't like they needed ammo to move up to take the guy they really want. They HAD all of the leverage they could have wanted but they gave it away in a way that's almost comical. 

Put simply, I'm sure there are plenty of teams that wouldn't mind trading for him. They just know that they don't HAVE to give up a 1st for him. It's almost as if Keim has been in a drunken stu.....oh....nvm. 

37 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

LOL I'm not even a crazy Kyler fan, his personality rubs me the wrong way a bit too. I just think he's far more talented from an objective point of view. I haven't really seen any valid point in favor of Rosen, closest thing was "well his team sucked last year so give him another year." This board makes me laugh sometimes.

I mean...they did.

And people said the same thing about Jared Goff. 

This board makes me laugh sometimes. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I mean...they did.

And people said the same thing about Jared Goff. 

This board makes me laugh sometimes. 

And Steve Young.

And Troy Aikman.

And Matthew Stafford.

And Terry Bradshaw.

And John Elway.

And Dan Fouts.

And Eli Manning.

And Donovan McNabb.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PeachesBackwards said:

First off, I admit I hate Josh Rosen. To me he's an arrogant, spoiled overrated QB. Having said that,  where would he be ranked if he were eligible to be drafted today? Also how did he go from being a #10 first round pick to someone who is not worth a first round pick if traded today? Note he may be traded after I have posted this.

When he was drafted, he was controllable for five years, whereas now it is only four years.  Additionally, he under performed last season.

I mean.. what teams could realistically be interested in him? 

Keep in mind, Drew Lock is still on the board so your value may be a late 2nd now at best.

Patriots? Broncos? Chargers? Dolphins? All but the Dolphins would be looking at him as an eventual replacement rather than an immediate need.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean.. what teams could realistically be interested in him? 

Keep in mind, Drew Lock is still on the board so your value may be a late 2nd now at best.

Patriots? Broncos? Chargers? Dolphins? All but the Dolphins would be looking at him as an eventual replacement rather than an immediate need.

Sadly, our beat reporter says DEN wasn't willing to pick him last year, so likely won't dip their toes in the water.  But hey, they'd take a shot on Lock??? SMH.

Personally, I'd offer ARI the PIT 2.52 we acquired, and laugh all the way to the bank.  1 year to get acquainted to a new system, and sooner in the eventuality that Joe Flacco plays like 2014-18 Joe Flacco (seems high, no?).

Edited by Broncofan

I can't think of a less impressive player than pro Josh Rosen in 2018.

• I don't care how bad his line was, he was just plain garbage on the field.
  • Josh Allen was almost as bad passing, but he ran for 650 and 8 scores.

If you compare rookie Cade McNown to rookie Josh Rosen and adjust for league averages... McNown is the better player after 1 year.

Rosen is a far far worse prospect now that he showed how awful he was in year 1.

• 9 for 20 against the Raiders in his 7th career start?
  • 11 for 26 vs Green Bay in his 9th career start?

Of qualified passers he was last in yards per pass, last in TD % and 32nd of 33 in completion percentage.

Should people have traded for JaMarcus after year 2?

• Russell had 4 games over 90 passer rating in his first 12 starts. Rosen has none.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Sadly, our beat reporter says DEN wasn't willing to pick him last year, so likely won't dip their toes in the water.  But hey, they'd take a shot on Lock??? SMH.

Personally, I'd offer ARI the PIT 2.52 we acquired, and laugh all the way to the bank.  1 year to get acquainted to a new system, and sooner in the eventuality that Joe Flacco plays like 2014-18 Joe Flacco (seems high, no?).

They’ve passed on him multiple times now he’s just not an Elway guy.  I’m predicting the Pats now with Rosen having the same length of control as a 2nd rounder.