Overwatch

cddolphin

Just now, showtime said:

What?

He was pretty clearly being targeted heavily last night in order to try and force him to tilt. Given the nature of who he is and how easily he gets tilted it might prove to be a hindrance. When Seagull went out and xQc went in, they weren't quite the same.

Just now, Danger said:

He was pretty clearly being targeted heavily last night in order to try and force him to tilt. Given the nature of who he is and how easily he gets tilted it might prove to be a hindrance. When Seagull went out and xQc went in, they weren't quite the same.

That doesn't make any sense.  Seagull is a DPS player, xQc is a tank.  They swapped out because there are certain maps that both players preform better on due to the heroes they play.  It's clear that the Fuel's strategy for Temple of Anubis and Numbani does not include having Seagull play - at least right now.  The thing about Seagull is that he mainly plays Junkrat and that character is more viable on certain maps.  Honestly, Seagull is probably the best Junkrat on the team and probably the best Hanzo... but that's about it.  There's no other DPS character that he outclasses Effect or Harry with.

Also, you have to keep in mind that Seoul Dynasty might be the best team in the league and last night was the very first game of a season that will last until mid-June, I believe.  Teams will adjust, alter current strategies and create new ones.

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Monte and Doa were great, being some of the best esports casters, this was to expected though. I agree on production value being good too. I'm still not that into watching competitive FPS games but I could see myself at least having OWL on for background stuff, and following along. 

I think I'm gonna make either London or Philly my favorite team based on their logos. Also like Boston because they have Gamsu and I liked him in his LoL days. 

I still think it's an insanely hard game to follow in game. It feels like you miss half the game and half the time is used to catch up on the "real" plays lol.

I'll probably loosely follow it though, it's not that different from watching Viking games on the nfl.com tracker since I live in socal lol.

Go Gladiators! Purple, LA, Surefour and Bischu? Hell yeah.

I think following depends on maps. The KOTH maps are always fun because action take place in generally one spot for the most part. Some maps it's just too scattered and hard to follow, but they try by giving you the overview angle more I think. I used to think this thing would flop, but I'm more optimistic about it. I'm a super casual OW player and have been, but I played a bit during beta and know the maps so that makes it easier for me. I wonder what people who are new or are casual but don't know the maps that well think in terms of following.

1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

I still think it's an insanely hard game to follow in game. It feels like you miss half the game and half the time is used to catch up on the "real" plays lol.

I'll probably loosely follow it though, it's not that different from watching Viking games on the nfl.com tracker since I live in socal lol.

Go Gladiators! Purple, LA, Surefour and Bischu? Hell yeah.

I think the game has gotten much better in terms of how hard it is to follow.  Adding team jerseys along with all of the abilities having team colors makes huge team battles much easier to follow.  In the past, if both teams had a Winston it was ridiculously difficult to know who's Winston bubble belongs to which Winston player.  With the team colored bubbles, that is no longer a question. 

Also, the commentators have gotten so much better with knowing who to spectate during games.  They have massively improved this aspect a lot from where it was a year ago at this time.  Finally, the overhead map is a fantastic addition.  Honestly, the overhead map needs to be used more before team fights break out.  Early in the game I linked on Temple of Anubis, they showed an overhead shot before the Seoul Dynasty attacked and you can see where everyone came from.  It was so cool to see them all close in at the exact same time.

EDIT:  Here is what I was referring to in terms of the overhead map.

9podlmo.jpg

Fleta is coming in from the top right side as Genji, while Miro is jumping onto the point with Winston.  Zunba is coming to grab the attention of the tanks as D.Va.  Munchkin will come in as Tracer from behind the enemy team.  This right here is so awesome and it was literally shown at the PERFECT time because a huge team fight is about to happen and it helps diagnose where everyone is coming from.

By the way, if you want to see some insanely skilled DPS players, look no further than the game I linked.  Fleta and Effect are two the best DPS players in the world and both lived up to the massive billing this game had.  Munchkin also played a hell of a game on DPS. 

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

League, SC2 and OW only. Any others? Tons of games they have little to no impact. Koreans seem to dominate anything they have a focus on though.

The Korean scene in Hearthstone has really expanded over the past year.  Some of the top players are Koreans.  There is a Korean representative in the World Championship taking place next week.

18 hours ago, showtime said:

Carpe and Shadowburn on the same team.  This gonna be good...

Yup those two and Joemeister are were core components of Faze Clan before the OWL. Carpe, Shadowburn, and Poko all performed pretty well yesterday. Fragi did well for the most part of made some questionable pick selections on Eichenwalde. Neptuno needs to die less as Mercy. Seemed like he got picked off with every single Ult out there.

Jake's Soldier play is super overrated but he did well as Junkrat.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

The Korean scene in Hearthstone has really expanded over the past year.  Some of the top players are Koreans.  There is a Korean representative in the World Championship taking place next week.

Yea but not nearly the level of other games. Many regions seem to be competitive in HS, Korea included. I dunno about League, but in SC2 Koreans are like black people in basketball x10. OW might turn out to be the same.