Overwatch

cddolphin

1 hour ago, Danger said:

It just occurred to me. Being a "Chained Sniper" sounds like a terrible strategy. Snipers are supposed to move after taking 1 or 2 shots as to not be found/predictable. You should rethink your approach friend.

Rather than it being a strategy, think of it as a situation. The sniper is chained down and the only way to survive is to hit every shot. 

The problem most people have in this game (and in many games) is that they focus on winning too much.  Winning doesn't matter.  Just focus on getting better.  If you play healer, tank, DPS, etc just focus on playing your role as well as you can.  Be conscious of when you make mistakes or if you're not having the impact you should be having.   

8 hours ago, showtime said:

The problem most people have in this game (and in many games) is that they focus on winning too much.  Winning doesn't matter.  Just focus on getting better.  If you play healer, tank, DPS, etc just focus on playing your role as well as you can.  Be conscious of when you make mistakes or if you're not having the impact you should be having.   

Yup I've climbed to Mid Masters this season. I've been playing only a couple of heroes (primarily Rein and Zen) and just focused on making as few mistakes as I can while at the same time trying to always be doing something impactful. 

I guess that’s my problem then. I care too much about winning.

The one advantage that playing on PS4 should have is the mic. Everyone should have one. Sony literally gave useable quality microphones with purchase of the system. So nothing irritates me more than to see people join the team chat and not communicate. I try to be engaging; I open up every match with a hello and make sure I don’t complain and let people play what they want. 

It’s just frustrating.

3 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

I guess that’s my problem then. I care too much about winning.

The one advantage that playing on PS4 should have is the mic. Everyone should have one. Sony literally gave useable quality microphones with purchase of the system. So nothing irritates me more than to see people join the team chat and not communicate. I try to be engaging; I open up every match with a hello and make sure I don’t complain and let people play what they want. 

It’s just frustrating.

I feel ya. 

9 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

I think we need a new attack or defense player. Alot of tanks and healers recently besides doomfist

I actually agree and I'm a tank/heal main.

Excited for this new update. I'll actually play this coming season; the one that just ended, my most played character had 2hrs lol

9 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

I think we need a new attack or defense player. Alot of tanks and healers recently besides doomfist

sigh. Noob talk.

There is no "attack" or "defense" they're both the same category of DPS. The update that's rolling out in a few hours ACTUALLY combines them into the same category. Sym is moving to DPS with her rework.

There are 6 tanks 6 healers and 15 DPS. We don't need more DPS. We need a new tank we haven't seen a new one since March 2017.

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

There are 6 tanks 6 healers and 15 DPS. We don't need more DPS. We need a new tank we haven't seen a new one since March 2017.

DPS is just as much of a misnomer as attack/defense. You would call Mei DPS? Her DPS is terrible.. her crowd control / zoning makes "defense" a much more accurate title.

I didn't know they're combining categories for the new role queue, I don't really like that.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

DPS is just as much of a misnomer as attack/defense. You would call Mei DPS? Her DPS is terrible.. her crowd control / zoning makes "defense" a much more accurate title.

I didn't know they're combining categories for the new role queue, I don't really like that.

Because there are only 3 real roles in overwatch.

1. Tank - Your job is making space
2. DPS - Your job is getting picks
3. Healer - Your job is keeping things alive

This is the biggest reason Symmetra was completely unusable because she didn't effectively do any of these.