Overwatch

cddolphin

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Eh he's just a walking ult battery that can't get picks now. Same as he was after they ruined him now he's just slightly harder to kill.

Still the least picked character by far.

Oh, yeah, he's still bad, but now his kit actually fits the tank role. If they keep going in this direction he could be a healthy hero. It'll take a while, though.

I just hate how they're trying to make the Tank who worked by punishing poor placement (and the perfect dive counter) into a damage soak, while taking the instigator of dive comp who can actually tank now and basically just making her a slightly less squishy (but still squishy as hell) DPS while removing her ability to tank.

I'm not a fan of D.VA's PTR changes if you can't tell.

8 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I just hate how they're trying to make the Tank who worked by punishing poor placement (and the perfect dive counter) into a damage soak, while taking the instigator of dive comp who can actually tank now and basically just making her a slightly less squishy (but still squishy as hell) DPS while removing her ability to tank.

I'm not a fan of D.VA's PTR changes if you can't tell.

Yeah, the DVA changes are pretty stupid. I think she'd be fine if she ate a small portion of the damage soaked by her matrix, but they've been moving too slow on balance updates to try something like that. Heroes not named McCree have to be an issue for like six months for Blizzard to take a serious look at them.

EDIT: They killed Bastion pretty quickly too, those changes never should've made live in the first place, though.

Edited by james.mcmurry13
B A S T I O N

Her timer is still 10 seconds on DM while getting sliced in half, if they reduced cooldown by like 2.5 seconds it would be better, balanced and you can still use it to tank for people but not fly in eat everything they throw and have your DPS clean up.

Blizzard has shown that they can't balance for **** if you're not Tracer or Winston. It's easier to just completely scrap a character and rebuild their entire kit (please don't ruin Mercy she's my most played) instead of just, you know, trying to make tweaks.

But their sledgehammer method of balancing has been their MO since WoW so I'm not surprised.

My only Blizzard experience before Overwatch was Heroes of the Storm. They had some serious issues with power creep, and they were releasing a new hero every 3 or 4 weeks, but ultimately they settled in, and, even with that crazy release schedule, they've managed to find decent balance (though "balance" in a MOBA is a lot more lenient).

I'm hoping the Overwatch team finds a similar groove, and that in a year or so the game will have ~30 characters and be fairly well balanced.

I think Blizzard is doing a fine job with Overwatch.  The biggest issue with the game was Mercy's ultimate and that issue is being addressed right now.  D.Va is also not a fun character to play against - she can constantly eat tons of damage with no penalty.  It is literally her eating damage for free with no drawbacks.  This has been an big issue with D.Va for the past year and I am very happy it is being addressed.  

In addition, I really like the idea of cutting the season down to two months instead of three.

Blizzard is killing their game more and more by the patch.  Their reasoning is "all characters need to be FUN".  No, all characters need to serve vital roles.  "Fun" is subjective.  Some people like soaking, some people like slaying, some people like pure support.  By changing all of these characters to try to be "fun", they're ruining that.

7 hours ago, scoobz said:

Blizzard is killing their game more and more by the patch.  Their reasoning is "all characters need to be FUN".  No, all characters need to serve vital roles.  "Fun" is subjective.  Some people like soaking, some people like slaying, some people like pure support.  By changing all of these characters to try to be "fun", they're ruining that.

How are they killing the game with each patch?  Tell me how the Mercy changes are killing the game.  They are doing the opposite of killing the game.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

How are they killing the game with each patch?  Tell me how the Mercy changes are killing the game.  They are doing the opposite of killing the game.

Mercy less so, moreso with Dva/Road and the other handful of changes that instantly take characters from great picks to essentially worthless.  I still don't fully agree with the Mercy changes, but I get why they made them.  I think there were other, better options for just slight tweaks though, but Blizz seems intent on massive tweaks to characters rather than small, incremental changes.

It is necessary for characters to fall in and out of favor over time.  Roadhog was a tank that was one of the best dps characters in the game before his nerfs.  That lasted for a while and then was ended.  There was a time where Lucio and Ana were almost must picks in a lot of games and that lasted for quite a while, that was also changed.  There was a time when Mercy was hardly ever picked and that last for a while, until Mercy became essentially a must have over the past few months.  Genji and Winston had fallen out of favor a long time ago when Rein was a must pick and that has changed a bit over the past few months.

Characters need to change over time to help keep the meta fresh.  It is really bad for a game to have a character(s) who are always top picks throughout the course of several seasons.  What Blizzard is doing is trying to make different characters more viable, while trying to phase out some constant must picks in the past.  Eventually, Road Hog will be a high pick again.