Overwatch

cddolphin

On 1/3/2018 at 3:30 AM, showtime said:

I placed around 3940.  My last placement game, a party of four quit the game after we took the first point on attack Hollywood.  I have no clue why they left and they never said a word, but they never returned.  Needless to say, we lost that game and a win there would have put me a win away from GM.  Now I have to win two to get there.

Dang we got ourselves a Gee Em boys.

I'm 3335 right now. Placed 3361, then went 1-2, of course my 5000 transcendance healing in one game only got me +22 SR after the performance SR adjustment was turned off for Diamond and above, >_>

On 12/24/2017 at 4:38 PM, showtime said:

I would like to see Junkrat and Mercy receive some nerfs.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760768026

Junkrat

Concussion Mine
*  Will now deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion’s center

Mercy

Valkyrie
*  No longer makes Resurrect instant
*  No longer grants a bonus charge of Resurrect
*  The speed boost that Guardian Angel receives has been decreased by 50%
*  Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

Thank you, Mr. Kaplan and the entire Overwatch team. 

=)

14 hours ago, showtime said:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760768026

Junkrat

Concussion Mine
*  Will now deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion’s center

Mercy

Valkyrie
*  No longer makes Resurrect instant
*  No longer grants a bonus charge of Resurrect
*  The speed boost that Guardian Angel receives has been decreased by 50%
*  Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

Thank you, Mr. Kaplan and the entire Overwatch team. 

=)

I think they nerfed Mercy too much at once. They need to nerf her less, but more often. Do it incrementally and see how it goes each step of the way. Valkyrie is pretty underwhelming now with these changes, it doesn't effect the Rez mechanic at all now. It's just an Orisa Beam, or inferior Zen ult now. Sure it lasts 15 seconds, but it's very meh.

I'm very happy with the nerf so far.  They had to hit her hard to start with because she has been a must pick for quite a while now and honestly the game is much less fun since that has happened, imo.  It's on PTR, so they can change it, but I hope they don't.  

Even with these changes, Mercy is still going to be extremely strong.  Why?  Because she still outputs more healing than all other supports.  Her healing ability is very easy. 

Some big news:

1.  Overwatch League announces deal with Twitch:  http://www.dbltap.com/posts/5942705-overwatch-league-announces-two-year-deal-with-twitch

2.  Overwatch League skins are now officially in the game.

3.  Patch notes out today.  This is not the Mercy & Junkrat patch, this was the patch before that fixed a lot of Doomfist bugs, Zenyatta orbs will now display it's targets health, etc https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

4.  Overwatch League starts tomorrow night, Wednesday January 10th.  Here is the official schedule for the entire season:  https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/schedule

Impressive viewer numbers, way more than I'd have guessed. Will be interesting to see how they compare to the CSGO Major which start this Friday and should be going on (I think) around the same time.

Really good production value too.

Edited by Mossburg

9 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Impressive viewer numbers, way more than I'd have guessed. Will be interesting to see how they compare to the CSGO Major which start this Friday and should be going on (I think) around the same time.

Really good production value too.

Monte and Doa were great, being some of the best esports casters, this was to expected though. I agree on production value being good too. I'm still not that into watching competitive FPS games but I could see myself at least having OWL on for background stuff, and following along. 

I think I'm gonna make either London or Philly my favorite team based on their logos. Also like Boston because they have Gamsu and I liked him in his LoL days. 

The peak viewership was around 418,000 from what I saw on Twitch.  I don't think that factors in the numbers of people watching on MLG's platform.  The funny thing about this is, during the pre-season Overwatch League was only view-able on MLG's platform and they do not openly show viewer numbers.  Some people were saying that Blizzard is doing that because they were afraid not many people would watch the games.... I guess last night was a smack in the face for those people.