Overwatch

cddolphin

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Once this Junkrat and Mercy nerf go live, the next character they need to nerf is D.Va.

You want all my favorites nerfed, boo this man!

(She's super disruptive ever since her re-work).

Also the only character I play with one finger each on the LT/RT LB/RB instead of switching between them.

I still don't think Junkrat is too OP, but I'm not against small nerfs, especially if it brings Reinhardt back into the thick of things (on ladder). The only character that NEEDS to be nerfed IMO is Mercy, can't wait for that to go through, I hate the way she is now it ruins the game at all levels.

Just now, cddolphin said:

You want all my favorites nerfed, boo this man!

(She's super disruptive ever since her re-work).

Also the only character I play with one finger each on the LT/RT LB/RB instead of switching between them.

I'm not sure how to nerf D.Va, but it should be a minor nerf.  Right now, she's just way too strong overall.  She is a great pick for any map on offense or defense.  She still offers the utility of being able to soak up damage/eat certain ultimates with her defense matrix, but she also is able to output quite a bit of damage.  600 HP and her mobility is absolutely insane.

To me, she has like no downsides.  She's always been like that.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I still don't think Junkrat is too OP, but I'm not against small nerfs, especially if it brings Reinhardt back into the thick of things (on ladder). The only character that NEEDS to be nerfed IMO is Mercy, can't wait for that to go through, I hate the way she is now it ruins the game at all levels.

Mercy and Junkrat have already been addressed.  Junkrat isn't what's causing Rein to be out of the meta, it's a few things.  1.  Lucio being out of the meta really hurts Rein a lot.  2.  Orisa's shield can simply soak up a lot more damage than Rein's since she's able to constantly throw them down.

Just now, showtime said:

Mercy and Junkrat have already been addressed.  Junkrat isn't what's causing Rein to be out of the meta, it's a few things.  1.  Lucio being out of the meta really hurts Rein a lot.  2.  Orisa's shield can simply soak up a lot more damage than Rein's since she's able to constantly throw them down.

Junkrat is PART of the reason Rein doesn't get played. Orisa is superior at dealing with spam damage like Junkrats. And yes Lucio being relatively passive and ineffective also doesn't help him either. Rein would be played more if the damage levels were not quite so high due to spam. I play Orisa more than any other hero, but I'd like to play some Rein and if I see Junkrat on the other team then that pretty much makes him unpickable since his shield isn't constantly regenning like Orisa's. If the damage is Soldier/McCree/Reaper/what-have-you it's much more feasible to manage your shield.

Just now, Danger said:

Junkrat is PART of the reason Rein doesn't get played. Orisa is superior at dealing with spam damage like Junkrats. And yes Lucio being relatively passive and ineffective also doesn't help him either. Rein would be played more if the damage levels were not quite so high due to spam. I play Orisa more than any other hero, but I'd like to play some Rein and if I see Junkrat on the other team then that pretty much makes him unpickable since his shield isn't constantly regenning like Orisa's. If the damage is Soldier/McCree/Reaper/what-have-you it's much more feasible to manage your shield.

Well, Junkrat does spam down Rein's shield a lot with his grenades, but that isn't going to change.  I believe only his mines got nerfed, the farther away he is the less damage they do, which is a great change.

I think Junkrat is still going to be a pretty good character and I don't think we'll see him that much less.  He's one of those characters that are really good on some maps and a lot worse on others.  But he should be easier to deal with for Genji and Tracer players who are in more close/mid-range fights with him.

But yea, I agree with one of your overall points that you want Rein back.  I think Rein is a lot more fun to play and is a higher skill cap character than Orisa.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Well, Junkrat does spam down Rein's shield a lot with his grenades, but that isn't going to change.  I believe only his mines got nerfed, the farther away he is the less damage they do, which is a great change.

I think Junkrat is still going to be a pretty good character and I don't think we'll see him that much less.  He's one of those characters that are really good on some maps and a lot worse on others.  But he should be easier to deal with for Genji and Tracer players who are in more close/mid-range fights with him.

But yea, I agree with one of your overall points that you want Rein back.  I think Rein is a lot more fun to play and is a higher skill cap character than Orisa.

But, if Junkrat is played less then people will have less reason to not play Rein. 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

But, if Junkrat is played less then people will have less reason to not play Rein. 

You have a point, but I don't think he'll be played less.  To me, his nerf was pretty minor.  He still out puts a crap ton of damage and can just spam his grenades.  The mines are still able to produce full damage if they get detonated on top of someone there is just a bit of fall off damage now.  From what I can tell, his grenades are 100% unchanged and he still has 2 mines.

Mercy will 100% be played less, but I think Junkrat will still be played pretty much the same amount he's already played.

The danger with Junkrat is that before they gave him his two mines, he was a pretty useless character at higher ranks.  If they nerf him too much, he'll become that again.  Mercy on the other hand - while her nerf was pretty hard, she is still a playable character.