Overwatch

cddolphin

Just now, showtime said:

You have a point, but I don't think he'll be played less.  To me, his nerf was pretty minor.  He still out puts a crap ton of damage and can just spam his grenades.  The mines are still able to produce full damage if they get detonated on top of someone there is just a bit of fall off damage now.  From what I can tell, his grenades are 100% unchanged and he still has 2 mines.

Mercy will 100% be played less, but I think Junkrat will still be played pretty much the same amount he's already played.

The danger with Junkrat is that before they gave him his two mines, he was a pretty useless character at higher ranks.  If they nerf him too much, he'll become that again.  Mercy on the other hand - where her nerf was pretty hard she is still a playable character.

Valkyrie was just a near unbeatable ult if not used in a panic situation and it lasted 20 seconds (being reduced to 15).

Just now, Danger said:

Valkyrie was just a near unbeatable ult if not used in a panic situation and it lasted 20 seconds (being reduced to 15).

I still think Valk is still one of the best ultimates in the game.  It helps get Mercy out of danger and her healing is insane.  Her ability to rez during huge team fights is going to be almost non-existent now since she doesn't have instant rez.  No more killing a Solider and a Mercy flying in giving him an instant rez.  Now when that Soldier dies in the middle of the battlefield, he's dead for good.  Rez is still going to be insanely powerful, but it'll be situational and harder to use.  Plus with only 1 rez, you really have to use it wisely.

I'm super happy about the Mercy nerf.  I think she'll probably be in a decent spot with this one.

This will probably never happen, but I would really love if they got rid of medals during the game.  They serve nearly no purpose and just create more negative than positive.  In addition, tracking stats is cool and all, but there needs to be an option to make that private.  Again, this serves almost no purpose and is more negative than positive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

This will probably never happen, but I would really love if they got rid of medals during the game.  They serve nearly no purpose and just create more negative than positive.  In addition, tracking stats is cool and all, but there needs to be an option to make that private.  Again, this serves almost no purpose and is more negative than positive.

They should go all in one way or another. Show all players stats on your team at a time, or delete the medal system. (If you keep medals give a damage blocked medal too FFS)

Most people are so obsessed with stats.  The one game that almost had no kind of stat tracking was Team Fortress 2, a game that has extremely heavily influenced Overwatch.  During a game, the actual player could see their own stats by hitting 'tab'.  You could see all kinds of detailed stats during the game, but nobody else on the team would see your stats.  

'

7 hours ago, showtime said:

Meh, I think stats are important. It sucks that people use them to flame people, but without them, it can be frustrating to improve. 

18 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Meh, I think stats are important. It sucks that people use them to flame people, but without them, it can be frustrating to improve. 

How do the stats of random games help you improve as a player?  If I play as Rein and see that I have silver damage, what does that do for me?

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

How do the stats of random games help you improve as a player?  If I play as Rein and see that I have silver damage, what does that do for me?

Well, it probably means there is something going wrong with the damage dealers. Maybe you are being too swing heavy and it's leaving your damage dealers vulnerable. Maybe your damage dealers aren't even playing with you. Maybe you are diving too far. Also could just mean your damage dealers suck and it might be time to switch to a less reliant tank like Roadhog.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Well, it probably means there is something going wrong with the damage dealers. Maybe you are being too swing heavy and it's leaving your damage dealers vulnerable. Maybe your damage dealers aren't even playing with you. Maybe you are diving too far. Also could just mean your damage dealers suck and it might be time to switch to a less reliant tank like Roadhog.

Nothing you said there is actually helpful.  The damage dealers do suck, but how is that helpful?  All that does is create a negative environment and causes the tank player to become angry.

This is a true class/team based game.  Why does it matter who has the highest damage on the team?  Everyone is important.  

Just now, showtime said:

Nothing you said there is actually helpful.  The damage dealers do suck, but how is that helpful?  All that does is create a negative environment and causes the tank player to become angry.

This is a true class/team based game.  Why does it matter who has the highest damage on the team?  Everyone is important.  

Tell me how none of that is helpful?

If you are getting silver damage as Reinhardt and winning, then yes, that teaches nothing. If you are losing and you have silver damage as Reinhardt, it means something is wrong.

I never once claimed that the stats mattered in the end, only win or loss. But you can use the stats mid-game to teach you what is the weak point on your team. If the tank who holds up a shield for 75% of his gameplay and can only hit 10 feet in front of him has the second most damage in a game where literally everyone else has guns, something is going wrong or VERY right lol. 

• Like 1