Overwatch

cddolphin

6 hours ago, ugLymayNe said:

If anything they should tone down her missiles. I'm not sure what else they can do that wouldn't make her useless.

I'm honestly not opposed to her being bad for a little while.  She's pretty much went under the radar because she has never been the top pick in any meta, but she's always been one of the top heroes in most metas.  She could use some time on the sideline where she isn't picked.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Ana/Moira is a good healer comp for death ball/triple tank/quad tank lineups.

Biotic Nade + Moira spray heals SO MUCH.

Agreed.  If triple and quad tank comes back, then Ana will be in a even better spot.  Moira is so good because she outputs a ton of healing and good damage.

3 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Love Moira. 

Been trying ana more now too. Any tips?

Someone else who has played Ana more than I could perhaps give a more comprehensive guide or tip list, but I can give a few things.

• You pretty much always want to be positioned behind your team. How far will depend on map, offense/defense, and team comp, but you're making a mistake if you're in front of pretty much any other hero. You want line of sight to the entirety of the team fight while being at a safe-ish distance. You have no mobility whatsoever so you can't retreat if you're in the middle of things. On the flip side, if you're too far away and you can't solo handle a flanker you're screwed, so an enemy Tracer/Genji gives more incentive to get up close, while a more stationary or defensive enemy allows you to stay back.
  • I'll say it again: you have no mobility. This is probably the biggest drawback with Ana, even more of a hindrance than her reliance on good aim. If your opponent is successfully flanking, you either need the kind of team support that can notice and provide aid, or you need to be good enough to at least periodically kill that flanker solo. The sleep dart can be really useful there, and it's actually fairly consistent to hit on reflex on a close enemy. You can take out squishies in 3 shots or a 'nade and two shots (the latter can be done before the enemy has fully woken up if slept.) It gets more problematic with dive tanks. A good enemy Winston can really wreck things for you.
  • Despite Ana being a sniper, you really don't want to be aiming down sights most of the time. It has it's situational uses if you're trying to help take out an enemy Pharah or Widow, or you're coming back from spawn and a really distant ally needs healing, or that rare case you can long range heal one of your flankers, but for the most part if you're healing your teammate down the scope you're just cutting your own field of view down. Additionally, the rate of healing is slightly faster unscoped, and an unscoped shot doesn't leave a trail in the air to tell the enemy where you are. 
  • Her kit outside of her basic rifle should be used very tactically and situationally. It can be hard to resist the urge to try to sleep an enemy every opportunity, or throw the grenade as soon as it's off cooldown, but these are potentially team saving abilities, or team killing abilities. Having a grenade ready to heal your whole team against a Zarya ult, or counter a Zenyatta transcendence is far more important than however much extra damage you could use by throwing it every time it's available. Being able to sleep an ulting roadhog or a flanking Genji is more valuable than getting an enemy slept every chance you have. The grenade should be saved for countering enemy healing (Zen's ult, Hog's take a breather, etc.), emergency healing (saving yourself from a flanker or countering enemy ult damage), or when it's necessary to finish off an enemy (a slept enemy, for instance.) Sleep dart should be saved for serious threats like ulting enemies or really problematic Pharahs or Tracers or Genjis. For her ult, you generally want to use it to initiate a team fight. Using it to try to save or aid a failing one will normally just get it wasted.
  • Lastly, Ana is a high ceiling and high floor character, compared to some other healers. And both you and your team play a factor in this. If you struggle with aim or with game awareness, you'll struggle with Ana. If your team struggles with awareness or communication, they'll struggle with you being Ana. Ideally you'll have a team that knows how to stay within your line of sight, can help protect you from dives and flankers, and you're capable of hitting 70-80% of your shots. More realistically, your team will occasionally not notice you getting killed 10 feet behind them, you'll have a teammate or two that wander off and ignore your existence, and you'll occasionally need some of your teammates to stand still so you can shoot them. Mostly just depends on your accuracy, your team's communication, and your communication.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Love Moira. 

Been trying ana more now too. Any tips?

I think @Jakuvious gave some really good tips.

I main Ana and play in Masters.  As he said, positioning with Ana is so important.  I feel like positioning in general is one of the most important things in this game and tons of people (including myself) are in poor position.  The harsh reality to Ana is that she is a difficult character to play effectively.  You straight up need to be able to hit your abilities.  If you can't consistently hit sleep darts and you mis-use your grenade, you won't be effective.  The best thing to do is continue to play Ana and you'll learn.  Watch some great Ana players.... Ryujehong is the best Ana in the world.  There's a guy who mains Ana hardcore named Gale Adelade who streams and has been ranked in the top 5 playing only Ana several times.  The guy is so amazing.

Try to position yourself properly, prioritize healing your teammates over doing damage and hit your abilities. 

• Like 2

With Ana, I will stay far back if the enemy team is a deathball/slow comp (not as common anymore), or right behind that tanks if the enemy team is more dive oriented. 

When running a Moira (or even Mercy as well) you can usually get away with using your bio nade on the enemy team to prevent them from healing without needing to use it on your own team for bulk healing most of the time.

Sleep Dart? Just be good with it I guess lol