Overwatch

cddolphin

1 minute ago, Danger said:

@showtime thoughts on Sombra, Mei, Doomfist changes?

I honestly don't think the Doomfist change is that big of deal.  The Mei change is interesting.  Longer freeze and she can shoot more alternate fires.  I wonder now, if she can shoot two alt fires into a frozen target.  As far as Sombra, it's hard to tell.  The faster hack and removing certain abilities such as double jump when hacked is probably fine.  Removing ult charge from health packs is probably the biggest detail of all - and that seems like a massive nerf to Sombra.  

In really high level games, Sombra can build her ult charge faster than any other hero in the game, but now that won't be the case.  It's kind of weird because this is supposed to be a buff to Sombra - and they did buff her various ways, but I'm not sure how to feel about it.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I honestly don't think the Doomfist change is that big of deal.  The Mei change is interesting.  Longer freeze and she can shoot more alternate fires.  I wonder now, if she can shoot two alt fires into a frozen target.  As far as Sombra, it's hard to tell.  The faster hack and removing certain abilities such as double jump when hacked is probably fine.  Removing ult charge from health packs is probably the biggest detail of all - and that seems like a massive nerf to Sombra.  

In really high level games, Sombra can build her ult charge faster than any other hero in the game, but now that won't be the case.  It's kind of weird because this is supposed to be a buff to Sombra - and they did buff her various ways, but I'm not sure how to feel about it.

Mei change isn't what you think it is.

So there was a period/cooldown (no pun intended) that after Mei stopped trying to freeze someone whether they're around a corner or behind a barrier, that she would be able to continue the process of freezing them. This grace period was 1 second. If she started freezing them again within that time period, she wouldn't have to restart. THIS has been raised to 1.5 seconds.

There are more Sombra  and some doomfist changes that I don't think you've seen.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762016092

• EMP
    • No longer blocked by small objects (e.g. sign posts)
  • Translocator
  • Duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds

Also which doesn't appear to be listed here. Her passive, opportunist, now shows enemies at less than 100% HP, rather than under 50%.

19 hours ago, Danger said:

Mei change isn't what you think it is.

So there was a period/cooldown (no pun intended) that after Mei stopped trying to freeze someone whether they're around a corner or behind a barrier, that she would be able to continue the process of freezing them. This grace period was 1 second. If she started freezing them again within that time period, she wouldn't have to restart. THIS has been raised to 1.5 seconds.

There are more Sombra  and some doomfist changes that I don't think you've seen.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762016092

• EMP
    • No longer blocked by small objects (e.g. sign posts)
  • Translocator
  • Duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds

Also which doesn't appear to be listed here. Her passive, opportunist, now shows enemies at less than 100% HP, rather than under 50%.

Yes, there were actually quite a few details that I didn't know about when I made my original post.  I watched the video from PlayOverwatch's YouTube channel and only went off the major things that Jeff stated.  Seems pretty interesting.  Lucio not being able to even passively heal or speed is pretty big.

52 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Don’t like much of the skins from the lunar event. 

Halloween this year was outstanding for skins. 

One of my favorite skins in the game is the Rose Tracer skin from last years Lunar event.  As far as this years skins, I think most of them are really good outside of McCree's skin.

• 4 weeks later...