Overwatch

cddolphin

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

Because there are only 3 real roles in overwatch.

1. Tank - Your job is making space
2. DPS - Your job is getting picks
3. Healer - Your job is keeping things alive

This is the biggest reason Symmetra was completely unusable because she didn't effectively do any of these.

All correct.

We don't need anymore offensive characters. Sym just got a complete rework and Sombra is getting the same. Most of the roster is offensive characters.

There have been five new characters added.

Two damage dealers: Sombra and Doomfist

Two Supports: Moria and Briggitte (Who is pretty much a frontline character anyway.)

One Tank: Orisa.

There are only two 'Anchor' characters and one, Orisa, has a low pick up rate. Winston can be used if done properly but even than his low barrier count and skill set makes him more of a dive character. 

We need another solid tank.

17 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

There have been six new characters added.

Two damage dealers: Sombra and Doomfist

Three Supports: Ana, Moria and Briggitte (Who is pretty much a frontline character anyway.)

One Tank: Orisa

3 hours ago, Danger said:

sigh. Noob talk.

There is no "attack" or "defense" they're both the same category of DPS. The update that's rolling out in a few hours ACTUALLY combines them into the same category. Sym is moving to DPS with her rework.

There are 6 tanks 6 healers and 15 DPS. We don't need more DPS. We need a new tank we haven't seen a new one since March 2017.

I kinda consider brigette a tank til she gets fixed Haha 

16 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

I kinda consider brigette a tank til she gets fixed Haha 

She's not a tank though. She's a front line healer. In ladder play she's played as a support, or a third support/tank hybrid with single DPS.

She seldom takes the spot of a tank on a team. She takes the spot of a support or DPS 95% of the time.

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

She's not a tank though. She's a front line healer. In ladder play she's played as a support, or a third support/tank hybrid with single DPS.

She seldom takes the spot of a tank on a team. She takes the spot of a support or DPS 95% of the time.

You smaht. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Because there are only 3 real roles in overwatch.

1. Tank - Your job is making space
2. DPS - Your job is getting picks
3. Healer - Your job is keeping things alive

This is the biggest reason Symmetra was completely unusable because she didn't effectively do any of these.

Big reason why torb/mei have generally been trash as well. Those three have always fallen between the categories.

I haven't really kept up with the game lately, but is this patch putting in an actual role queue? 

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

Big reason why torb/mei have generally been trash as well. Those three have always fallen between the categories.

I haven't really kept up with the game lately, but is this patch putting in an actual role queue? 

Yes. It's live now. 

They want more group play.

It's not exactly role queue, but a looking for Group feature. It's not built into the matchmaker but you can find a group to your specifications then enter basically as a 6 stack (or however many people you assemble in the LFG feature)

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's not exactly role queue, but a looking for Group feature. It's not built into the matchmaker but you can find a group to your specifications then enter basically as a 6 stack (or however many people you assemble in the LFG feature)

But you can restrict/assign roles to those people. Which helps of course.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah, just loaded up the game and looked at it. Its a start I guess, but I wish it was actually on matchmaking. I don't want to find a party and queue up with the same people for a bunch of games. I want to queue up as a role and be assigned a team of a certain set of roles. But I get why its hard for them to do that, comps aren't always as simple as 2/2/2, and they probably don't want to upset the DPS-only crowd with longer queue times.