Overwatch

cddolphin

Sombra changes confirm that Blizzard doesn't really understand how it's characters work in it's own game. They continue to make these hammer and nail changes because they think the character should be played a specific way when in reality playing that character that way just isn't viable. Sure you make her "more accessible" but what is her use or her utility with her stealth? 

She isn't the spy from TF2, this is a team fighting game where if you pick her you're essentially asking your team to fight 5v6 to get utility out of how they apparently perceive and desire her build construct to be. While she's not a scout/DPS hybrid, she's a utility character with a niche but potentially very effective utility that they've nerfed repeatedly because they want to homogenize her role while also making her functionally not worth picking. Which is why she has routinely had extremely low pick and win rates since her initial hack nerf 5 months ago. She is a backline harasser with meh DPS and movement output that now has three abilities, the only hero in the game with more than one mind you, that can all be immediately cancelled out with damage. Which in a game where splash damage is everywhere makes her have no clear function. She doesn't have a role right now and this just compounds on her issues and makes them more glaring than fixes any of them. They are good ideas in a vacuum, in theory, but in the practical application of the game itself it doesn't mesh with a group or with any viable utility or function that makes her a good pick.

But this is how Blizzard has balanced their **** for decades now so I am not surprised, disappointed but not surprised.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

21 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I think the exact breakdown is as follows:

40%: middle/high school kids
5%: girls who only play Mercy yet are still terrible
20%: 20-something stoners taking bong rips between matches
15%: raging try-hards
20%: normal, functioning adults

Seems accurate. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

What's the deal with this game these days? Thinking of reinstalling it to goof around. What's the meta like? Did Zarya ever recover from her early nerfs?

Meta comp is:

Rein/Zarya/Hanzo/Brigitte/Zen/Mercy

Triple Support comp. yes.

57 minutes ago, Danger said:

Meta comp is:

Rein/Zarya/Hanzo/Brigitte/Zen/Mercy

Triple Support comp. yes.

Rein/Zarya is definitely the heavily favorite tank combo, there's some Orisa swapped in.

I see a good bit of Pharah to counter Brigitte, in turn you'll see Soldier / McCree. Plus they're being buffed soon.

9 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

What makes her so good? Haven't used her yet. 

I think she works extremely well in bully-comps with Rein and Zarya.

In plat on Xbox I still see 2-2-2 the majority of the time. But triple support is definitely a thing.

19 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

In plat on Xbox I still see 2-2-2 the majority of the time. But triple support is definitely a thing.

The higher you go the more often you'll see META, whatever the META is at the time.