Overwatch

cddolphin

15 hours ago, Danger said:

The higher you go the more often you'll see META, whatever the META is at the time.

Honestly, I kind of like that my SR has never been too high for this very reason. In Plat, as long as the map/situation is appropriate, and you're reasonably skilled with them, you can use just about any character and still contribute successfully. If someone swears their best character on a certain map is Mei or Lucio or Hog, hey, that might be the best shot at winning. Get too high and that would be borderline throwing instead. But the variety is nice.

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

You know what pick is throwing right now? Lucio. 

Yeah.  I played comp when the season started back up and I picked Lucio.  He's so useless in so many situations.  Doesn't provide anywhere near enough healing, especially to tanks.  The speed boost isn't all that great, either.  The game right now is pretty much 'just stand behind one or two shields'.  It's so boring.

1 minute ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

Speed boost is too hard to balance IMO. If its good its practically mandatory. If its not good Lucio is worthless.

Lucio just doesn't have the necessary output of timely, reliable healing, sure he can get 15k healing in a longer game, but it's lack of burst and control is very meh. It's also not helpful unless the entire team is staying together given that fights last longer now especially.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Lucio just doesn't have the necessary output of timely, reliable healing, sure he can get 15k healing in a longer game, but it's lack of burst and control is very meh. It's also not helpful unless the entire team is staying together given that fights last longer now especially.

Yeah, he either needs to be playing with a full healer (Ana) or in a comp that doesn't care as much about healing (dive) to be successful right now. But even if it was a good meta for him, I think the character is just fundamentally flawed.

I haven't played her in a long time, but I could never tell if my aim was actually that bad or if teammates just had unrealistic expectations of when I should be able to heal them. Also it tilted me to no end every time I'd nano a Winston and they'd ult at full health.

19 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

I haven't played her in a long time, but I could never tell if my aim was actually that bad or if teammates just had unrealistic expectations of when I should be able to heal them. Also it tilted me to no end every time I'd nano a Winston and they'd ult at full health.

I've found the best way of handling that sort of thing is even before they start an engagement you see them about to take on, just say "I can't see/reach you [insert hero here]"

Edited by Danger

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've found the best way of handling that sort of thing is even before they start an engagement you see them about to take on, just say "I can't see/reach you [Genji]"

edited for accuracy. 

• Like 1

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

edited for accuracy. 

No. Even tanks. Take attack on Dorado first point. Say you're back around the first bend, and your tanks start pushing into the choke when you won't have line of sight on them. It's important for them to know. A GOOD tank player, knows where his main healer is positioned at almost all times, but you can't count on them to do that, so help them with that.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

No. Even tanks. Take attack on Dorado first point. Say you're back around the first bend, and your tanks start pushing into the choke when you won't have line of sight on them. It's important for them to know. A GOOD tank player, knows where his main healer is positioned at almost all times, but you can't count on them to do that, so help them with that.

On control enemy Winston shields can be an issue too.