Overwatch

cddolphin

• 1 month later...

Forced 2-2-2 is coming, and with that I'm officially done with the game.

All this does is replace GOATS dominating everything with Dive/Bunker dominating everything (again) except now if I wanna play DPS I have to wait 45 minutes like I do in an MMO. And it renders a solid half of the roster and almost all of the tanks entirely useless, teamfights in 2CP are now entirely deciding so you can't stall. I have 700+ hours of tank and support play, sometimes I wanna just play a god damn DPS character and now if I wanna do that I have to wait an ungodly amount of time to do so.

I get it, balancing around the concept of hero switching is hard, but you build the god damn game on that concept and that's why I liked it. And now I'm just forced to roll the same thing over and over when before I at least had the choice available to me. If they were gonna do this they should have just put the game into legacy and gone full bore into Overwatch "2". Not destroy the entire premise that they built the game on to begin with.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Forced 2-2-2 is coming, and with that I'm officially done with the game.

All this does is replace GOATS dominating everything with Dive/Bunker dominating everything (again) except now if I wanna play DPS I have to wait 45 minutes like I do in an MMO. And it renders a solid half of the roster and almost all of the tanks entirely useless, teamfights in 2CP are now entirely deciding so you can't stall. I have 700+ hours of tank and support play, sometimes I wanna just play a god damn DPS character and now if I wanna do that I have to wait an ungodly amount of time to do so.

I get it, balancing around the concept of hero switching is hard, but you build the god damn game on that concept and that's why I liked it. And now I'm just forced to roll the same thing over and over when before I at least had the choice available to me. If they were gonna do this they should have just put the game into legacy and gone full bore into Overwatch "2". Not destroy the entire premise that they built the game on to begin with.

2-2-2 is good. You get different SRs for each role, get to play what you actually want to play, don't get 5 DPS team comps half the time. You get more balanced games  because you don't (for example) have 3 support mains who can only play support at a Masters level, but everything else at a gold level.

And Overwatch 2 isn't really a thing. It's a spinoff game.

I like the idea of role queue.  Something had to be done because GOATs literally ruined this game.  The meta has been stale and exactly the same for over a year even after numerous nerfs to GOATs comp and buffs to non-GOAT characters.

It's kind of crazy they're going this hardcore with it, though.  If you queue up as a tank, you're forced to stay a tank and can't change.  That seems kind of weird.

They've overhauled your rank, placement matches, etc.  This is a massive change.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Wow. That's a terrible decision to force team comps in ranked.

You mean wonderful? Now I get to play the role I want, now I get to at least have a balanced team comp.Now I won't have 4 support/DPS players who can't play any other role at the level they're rated being forced on to some role they're not really rated for their ELO at.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You mean wonderful? Now I get to play the role I want, now I get to at least have a balanced team comp.Now I won't have 4 support/DPS players who can't play any other role at the level they're rated being forced on to some role they're not really rated for their ELO at.

There's games where I might start as DPS, and my aim is just not working. Not having the ability to coordinate and swap with a teammate means now I would tank (without being a tank) our chances. Also there may be times where adding another tank to hold a point may make sense, etc. And finally, Shanghai just won running a 3 DPS squad.

I understand the appeal of having separate ranks for roles, but ultimately I think it's awful to force a specific team comp.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

There's games where I might start as DPS, and my aim is just not working. Not having the ability to coordinate and swap with a teammate means now I would tank (without being a tank) our chances. Also there may be times where adding another tank to hold a point may make sense, etc. And finally, Shanghai just won running a 3 DPS squad.

I understand the appeal of having separate ranks for roles, but ultimately I think it's awful to force a specific team comp.

There are DPS characters who don't rely heavily on aim. Yes there are downsides to this, but I am a firm believer that the good FAR exceeds the bad.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Enjoy your DPS moiras then.

A DPS Moira is more likely to sink to lower ELO on healer. And if they're going into it picking support, then they're probably more likely to heal than someone who in the current system who wanted to play DPS but just picks Moira to "Be a healer lol".

To me, the only questionable thing is implementing this into quick play.  QP is not competitive by nature, but I do understand how frustrating some people get when people instalock 4 DPS and you feel like you really don't have a chance to win before the game even begins.  This is remedied by them putting a Quick Play Classic card in the arcade for anyone who wants to play what will now be known as the 'old school way' to play.

• Like 1