Overwatch

cddolphin

11 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm waiting for the new season to start.

I really need for Mercy to be addressed.  The game just isn't very fun when she is a must pick.

The new season started last week. Mercy was nerfed recently, or are you wanting it to go further? I've definitely seen her less.

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

The new season started last week. Mercy was nerfed recently, or are you wanting it to go further? I've definitely seen her less.

I know Mercy was nerfed, but it's not enough.  Lucio is extremely situational right now and Ana still isn't that good.  Mercy is still the best healer.  If one team has a Mercy and the other team does not, the team without a Mercy has much less of a chance to win.  Mercy ult + rez combo is still very strong and turns team fights.  Rez alone is not all that strong, but combined with the ultimate it makes Mercy a must pick.

4 hours ago, ugLymayNe said:

Mercy is picked about half of the time rn in high gold/low plat. She's waaaaaaaay easier to deal with now. 

Her ultimate + rez combo still turns team fights.  Due to Lucio and Ana not being anywhere near as good as they used to be after their nerfs, Mercy has been a must pick and still continues to be.  Not having a Mercy is only okay if the other team doesn't have a Mercy.  If one team has a Mercy and one team doesn't, the team without Mercy has a much lower chance to win.

I don't know about gold or plat.  I play in Masters and Mercy is pretty much a must pick unless you're playing with a God level Ana.  Even then, Mercy is still better.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I don't know about gold or plat.  I play in Masters and Mercy is pretty much a must pick unless you're playing with a God level Ana.  Even then, Mercy is still better.

Plat newb checking in.

I was about to ask what rank you were because that makes a difference. The necessity for her at in lower tiers has definitely been diminished.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Looks like over the past 3 months in Masters (PC only), Mercy was being picked 43.72% of the time (next closest Zen at 19.13%) with the second-highest support win rate (54.50%, second to Sym at 59.51%).

Over the past week, more or less since the Mercy nerf + Moira going live, Mercy has been picked at a lower rate: 33.84%, but her win rate has actually increased slightly and remains #2 behind Sym.

A week isn't enough data to go on but her use dropping 25% at the highest level is still something to note. Although I'm sure a significant factor in that dip is Moira going live (she's being picked about 25% of the time atm, easily the #2 support).

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Plat newb checking in.

I was about to ask what rank you were because that makes a difference. The necessity for her at in lower tiers has definitely been diminished.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Looks like over the past 3 months in Masters (PC only), Mercy was being picked 43.72% of the time (next closest Zen at 19.13%) with the second-highest support win rate (54.50%, second to Sym at 59.51%).

Over the past week, more or less since the Mercy nerf + Moira going live, Mercy has been picked at a lower rate: 33.84%, but her win rate has actually increased slightly and remains #2 behind Sym.

A week isn't enough data to go on but her use dropping 25% at the highest level is still something to note. Although I'm sure a significant factor in that dip is Moira going live (she's being picked about 25% of the time atm, easily the #2 support).

Based on the stats you posted, Mercy has the highest pick rate of any character in the game by a pretty wide margin.

Mercy is a must pick because the other team will probably have a Mercy.  In a 6v6 fight, one team has a Mercy the other doesn't - The team with Mercy who has their ultimate is massive.  Like that team is heavily favored to win the team fight.  In the past, the trade-off between that Mercy ult was the fact that Lucio and Ana were insane.  When those two characters got nerfed and nerfed, Mercy started to become extremely dominant.

Eventually, things will balance out again.  Mercy will either continue to be nerfed and/or Ana and Lucio will see some buffs.

Blizzard is doing a great job with the game.  There was a long period of time were Mercy was never viable.  Now (and for a while) Mercy has been great.

Personally, I want Ana to come back to greatness.  She's a really high skill cap character and I personally think she should be the best healer in the game (like she used to be before she was nerfed over and over again).

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Based on the stats you posted, Mercy has the highest pick rate of any character in the game by a pretty wide margin.

Mercy is a must pick because the other team will probably have a Mercy.  In a 6v6 fight, one team has a Mercy the other doesn't - The team with Mercy who has their ultimate is massive.  Like that team is heavily favored to win the team fight.  In the past, the trade-off between that Mercy ult was the fact that Lucio and Ana were insane.  When those two characters got nerfed and nerfed, Mercy started to become extremely dominant.

Eventually, things will balance out again.  Mercy will either continue to be nerfed and/or Ana and Lucio will see some buffs.

Blizzard is doing a great job with the game.  There was a long period of time were Mercy was never viable.  Now (and for a while) Mercy has been great.

Personally, I want Ana to come back to greatness.  She's a really high skill cap character and I personally think she should be the best healer in the game (like she used to be before she was nerfed over and over again).

Roger, not necessarily disagreeing, in fact after looking it up I was suprised at just how often she is being picked. I think in Plat you can get away with it far more often though, which has been my experience.

Re: the bolded, she is literally the only support I don't play. She can three-shot squishies now but I haven't noticed her being picked all that more often.

Edited by cddolphin

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Microtransactions? Meh. Not a fan of pro-OW so no interest here.

It's just cosmetics, so I have no problem with microtransactions in that case.  I really want the league to succeed and some of the team jersey designs are really awesome.

t4UqO2G.jpg

qpNv254.jpg

js2jBM7.jpg

LNcFYqD.jpg

JKyHpli.jpg

mvCCXfS.jpg

wFubSdA.jpg

Yi0ZV6b.jpg

qOTx0Un.jpg

T887pXm.jpg

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's just cosmetics, so I have no problem with microtransactions in that case.  I really want the league to succeed and some of the team jersey designs are really awesome.

I don't have a problem with it, just doesn't interest me.

Although the London team does have Miami Dolphins colors.. hmm....