Overwatch

cddolphin

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

^Also.  When these skins come into the game in early 2018 (I believe, it's 2018).  Everyone will get enough tokens to get a free Overwatch League skin of your choice.  You pick the hero and team you want.  Lots of cool skins to choose from.

Well there you go. I'll take one Miami Dolphins Zen thank you very much.

• Like 1

I'll probably end up picking up at least one from every team.  I really love Blizzard and the way they manage this game.  They're constantly listening to community feedback and stay on top of balance changes.  They also work tirelessly at developing new characters and maps at no additional charge.  With everything going on with all these games released from other developers and microtransactions that influence game play (pay2win), I really appreciate Overwatch a ton.

I think it's a great move to give everyone a free skin of their choice.  Blizzard didn't have to do that.  Also, it would have been easy for them to just give everyone a random skin.  Because people can get the skin they want, that hopefully creates interest for the new players and extremely casual players to want to be apart of the Overwatch league. 

Great job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Wait, how global is this league? I know there are like teams stationed in China, but is it actually global? I'm surprised Monte/Doa are casting lol

There is a team based in London and Korea, I believe.  The rest of the teams are based in various cities throughout the United States.

2 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Okay, I just looked at the rosters, there are alot of koreans. Is the korean league still a thing then? Or is this the main league now?

I'm not sure.  There are probably other minor leagues, but this is the official professional Overwatch League.

Two of the best players in the league can't even play right now because they're both 17.  One Korean player and one American player.

IDDQD's Tracer play is simply outstanding.  He's so good.  They also have Sinatraa, who is arguably the best Tracer player in the world, but is not currently eligible to play due to his age.  I believe he'll be able to play in the second half of the season.  Once he comes back and pairs up with IDDQD - Holy. Cow.

They've only played two sets so far.  Granted, those two sets have been very competitive, but this event has been going on for a long time.  It's not even over yet - There's still one final set to be played.  Hopefully they do something about these times before the regular season starts.

Happy to hear LA Gladiators upset London. I probably won't end up following this too closely, but Surefour was really the only OW pro I cared to follow when I was following more closely and Bischu was someone I used to watch in LoL so it's cool to see them on the same team. I'm also a Vikings (so Purple) fan in southern California so that is a nice little addition lol.