OL Penn Massie Cannon Nelson Whitehair Kush Kalil Daniels

DE Garrett Bosa Lowry Robertson-Harris
DT Hargrave Billings Jernigan DJ Jones
LB Warner Trevathan Collins Grugier-Hill Evans Winovich Calhoun Griffin Egbule
S Adams Gipson CGJ JThompson DThompson
CB Worley Ya-Sin Williams Jackson Alexander Moreland

ST Piniero Haack Sieg

Edited by Techbert

Signed Antonio Brown wr NE for 30% more than NE paid.
Waived Brandon Wilson s Cin. Wilson was claimed and is gone from the Kami pool.

Doctson to IR, Signed Jordan Willis de NYJ

Promoted Vyncint Smith wr along the way.

Put in a waiver claim on Josh Gordon wr. I am evaluating our records as both 5-2, so I get him. He's got Kamikaze written all over him! Willis de is out, and claimed by Jets.

Getting Hunt rb back from suspension. Signed Scarbrough. Doctson and Callaway are cut.

Edited by Techbert

• 3 months later...

Season Recap:

I did the reams of data and could post it here. I will spare you, but a troublemaker or two could ask for it and I would flood the thread.

Bottom line: The Kamis were the SF 49ers.

Rushing: 570 attempts 2400+ yards. 2nd in league.
Passing 480 attempts 331 completions 3675 yards including an allowance for sacks. 19th or so in the league.
Overall 1050 plays plus sacks 6075 yards.  4th in league.

49ers: 2nd, 13th, 4th.

On defense:

Sacks 1st
Interceptions 5th
Forced Fumbles 8th
Oodles of tackles, and a lot of passes deflected. I don't know how to use deflected passes, but they must be good.

I agonized and threw other things out there, and decided I was 2nd in the league in defense. The 49ers? 2nd in league in total yards.

For any offense, you have 11x16 starts = 176 starts to fill. Same with defense. I had 194 offensive starts and 243 defensive starts. That meant I had to pare down statistical numbers, as you only had 1 starter per position per game, but it also means I had great great depth, which matters late in the season.

So I am assigning myself a 13-3 record, and saying I will go as deep into the playoffs/Super Bowl as the 49ers go. They are my spirit totem for 2019. And this makes a certain sense, as I share with them the glamor guys at quarterback, leading receiver, sam linebacker, and star defensive end, not to mention an unglamorous run-stopping DT.

If any of you want to dispute this, I am open to (and welcome) conversation. I have been harsh on my own team in years past, but this squad was loaded and deep.

Guys who played on the team at some point in the season and drew stats:

(Flexible offense including a lot of 22 personnel... like the 49ers)

QB Garoppolo Stidham
RB Mixon Howard Hunt Hill Scarbrough Nall Anderson
WR Westbrook Miller Smith Callaway Gordon Foster Brown
TE Kittle Thomas Braunecker
OL Penn Cannon Massie Nelson Whitehair Kush Kalil Daniels

(Flexible defense including a base 4-2 defense)

DE Bosa Garrett Lowry Robertson-Harris
DT Billings Hargrave Jones Jernigan
LB Warner Collins Trevathan Calhoun Winovich Gruiger-Hill Evans Griffin Egbule
CB Worley Mills Ya-Sin Williams Alexander Moreland Jackson
S Adams Gipson J Thompson Gardner-Johnson D Thompson

K Piniero
P Haack
DS Sieg

Edited by Techbert

31 minutes ago, Techbert said:

Season Recap:

I did the reams of data and could post it here. I will spare you, but a troublemaker or two could ask for it and I would flood the thread.

Bottom line: The Kamis were the SF 49ers.

Rushing: 570 attempts 2400+ yards. 2nd in league.
Passing 480 attempts 331 completions 3675 yards including an allowance for sacks. 19th or so in the league.
Overall 1050 plays plus sacks 6075 yards.  4th in league.

49ers: 2nd, 13th, 4th.

On defense:

Sacks 1st
Interceptions 5th
Forced Fumbles 8th
Oodles of tackles, and a lot of passes deflected. I don't know how to use deflected passes, but they must be good.

I agonized and threw other things out there, and decided I was 2nd in the league in defense. The 49ers? 2nd in league in total yards.

For any offense, you have 11x16 starts = 176 starts to fill. Same with defense. I had 194 offensive starts and 243 defensive starts. That meant I had to pare down statistical numbers, as you only had 1 starter per position per game, but it also means I had great great depth, which matters late in the season.

So I am assigning myself a 13-3 record, and saying I will go as deep into the playoffs/Super Bowl as the 49ers go. They are my spirit totem for 2019. And this makes a certain sense, as I share with them the glamor guys at quarterback, leading receiver, sam linebacker, and star defensive end, not to mention an unglamorous run-stopping DT.

If any of you want to dispute this, I am open to (and welcome) conversation. I have been harsh on my own team in years past, but this squad was loaded and deep.

Hard to argue with any of what you said, Tech.

• 4 weeks later...