2-48) (62), (202), 2020 2ND

2-62) JOSH ROSEN

3-78) iOL - Michael Deiter - Wisconsin

4-116) (62), (202), 2020 2ND

5-151) LB - Andrew Van Ginkel - Wisconsin

6-202) OT - Isaiah Prince - Ohio State

7-233) FB - Chandler Cox - Auburn

7-234) RB - Myles Gaskin - Washington

I do color codes for traded picks, which makes things easy to interpret if a lot of stuff goes down.

Edited by freak_of_nature
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I like Wilkins, and I think he’s a great player.....but we just made a huge mistake by not drafting Haskins.

Time will tell. A few teams can say the same thing right now. I wish Wilkins was a JR instead of a SR.

Edited by freak_of_nature

12 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Time will tell. A few teams can say the same thing right now. I wish Wilkins was a JR instead of a SR.

Ya true......I’ve been wrong plenty of times before, like when I thought we should’ve drafted Brady Quinn LOL......so I’m hoping this is just another case of that but the game film I’ve seen on Haskins tells me he’s a really great true pocket passer with elite accuracy in that intermediate range and tight windows.

I sure hope I’m wrong, but I am so disappointed in Chris Grier right now.

2 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

A little surprised at the 7th round picks. I thought we'd be getting OC Patterson out of Ole Miss. I thought we could sign a decent FB as an UDFA.

Same for me.  I’m surprised we selected a FB, but I love what it says about what we want to do on Offense.  Hoping to see more of TE Nick O’Leary in that FB / HB role......We ran some iso plays last season using him as the lead blocker and he did a really solid job and looked very fluid in that role.

Im not big on the Van Ginkel pick, but I’m hoping he can find a niche and possible improve our roster in some way.

I really like the RB Myles Gaskin pick.  Kids been a workhorse for Washington during his time there and he has good enough hands to be a receiving threat out of the backfield.

RT Isaiah Prince is a difficult player to critique IMO.....at least he has been for me.  He doesn’t look amazing and isn’t always fluid in his blocking but he usually gets the job done.  He was a team captain though.  I see him more as a depth player, but hopefully he competes and wins.

LG ( presumably ) Michael Deiter will have a good chance to be a starter IMO.  He isn’t the most consistent but if he can fix that then he should be a reasonable starter at LG.  I’ve seen him seal and drive some good DT’s only to watch LB’s put him on his back two plays later.

Considering we got an additional 2nd rounder for 2020 and we found a way to draft blue chip talent Christian Wilkins and bring in a player at QB which will likely be our starter at some point during the 2019 season.......I give our draft a grade of B.  

2 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Very underwhelmed by AVG, but Prince may be a steal. 

Agree 5th rounder is only one I don’t like. Let’s hope for some good undrafted signings

Benzschawel

Willis iii

Hansen 

Jordan-Humphrey 

Ivey

Ledbetter

Herbig

Rypien

Kaufusi

Sutherland

peters

Hall

Lamar

6 hours ago, FinSting said:

USA Today gives Miami an A for this draft. For some reason they criticized the drafts of the Texans and Giants tho. 

Well the Giants severely over drafted Jones at 6 and the same with the Texans using a first round pick for a mid to late second round talent of Tytus Howard.  I’m convinced the Giants move was an attempt to appease fans and the Manning family, which has backfired on the fans side, and the Texans appeared to panick for a position of need when the Eagles traded up one pick before them to select OT Andre Dillard......It’s like they were completely unprepared for this possibility and had no contingency except to reach on a player they really liked but could have gotten in round 2 with a little work to move around.